iLEARN is an ATO (Accredited Training Organization)
of APMG for the CMDB course.
For an online verification of accreditations, do a research with
ICONS - Innovative Consulting S.r.l. of which iLEARN is a business unit.
The Configuration Management DataBase is a crucial component and an essential source of information for an ICT Infrastructure, which supports the entire Service Lifecycle in an IT Service management context (based on ITIL).
The complementary qualification CMDB is designed to provide a complete view of the concepts that are the basis of Service Asset and Configuration Management process, in union with the concepts related to the other processes whithin the Service Lifecycle.
Course start date
Course end date
The learning objectives of the course are to be able to:
- define and distinguish the basic concepts and principles of a CMDB;
- describe and explain the processes of Service Asset and Configuration Management.
- know and describe the considerations and requirements relative to the technologies for creating, managing, using and maintaining a CMDB;
- discuss and explain a structured approach for the planning and creation of a CMDB;
- illustrate and explain the key challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with the CMDB;
- understand and demonstrate the main relationships and points of contact for the key processes ( of IT Service Management).
Who it is aimed at
- Individuals who need detailed understanding of how to create a CMDB capable of improving the quality of IT Services.
- IT professionals who work in the field of Service Asset & Configuration Management or are about to start a project for the creation or re-engineering of a CMDB.
- IT professionals who work in the field of Service Transition and who wish to better understand the relationship between this phase of the Service lifecycle and the CMDB.
- The underlying principles of a successful CMDB;
- The processes of Service Asset & Configuration Management;
- The relationship with other processes;
- The technologies for the CMDB;
- The organization for the CMDB.
40% of the course hours is dedicated to practical exercises.
- Student manual: slides presented by accredited teacher with explanations
- 1 official mock exam
- It is recommended to be certified to ITIL Foundation level (preferably version 3);
- to be able to take the exam it is necessary to have attended a course that consists of at least 17 hours of training;
- a further 12 hours of personal study are also recommended in addition to the 17 course hours;
- a minimum of two years work experience in the IT field is recommended.
To be able to take the exam, it is necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
Material course language
Configuration Management Database Official Certificate
CMDB classroom course in English from 27 June 2016 in Brussels lasting 3 days provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning