1. Decide which certification is right for you
Each PECB certification has specific education and experience requirements. To determine which certification product is right for you, you must verify all eligibility requirements for the different certifications as well as your professional needs.
2. Prepare for the exam
All certification candidates are responsible for their own study and preparation for the examination. No specific set of courses or curriculum of study is required as part of the certification process. Likewise, the completion of a recognized PECB course or program of study will significantly enhance your chance of passing a PECB certification examination. iLEARN offers PECB official training sessions.
3. Online examination procedure:
Phase 1 – Exam purchase
The exam can be purchased on this website. Upon successful completion, iLEARN will process the request.
Phase 2 – Registration on PECB website and exam scheduling
The candidate must become a PECB member.
In this phase, you will be asked to provide your personal data.
IMPORTANT: The exam must be booked at least 7 days prior to the date you want to take the exam.
Once registered, you have to create an Exam Profile from your PECB member dashboard under the Examination Profile Tab and you have to wait for an approval.
The candidate will receive emails from PECB for each and every process to his/her online examination status.
4. Take the exam
The candidates are required to follow the PECB Online Examination Rules and Policies specified below when taking the exam:
- Log In to PECB EXAMS online software 30 minutes before the beginning of the exam
- Have his/her ID card
- Have an External Camera ready (mandatory)
- Make sure to have a good Internet Connection
- Do not leave the testing area during the exam
- Do not be accompanied by anyone during the exam
The application PECB Exams should already be installed on the PC’s or Laptops you are using to conduct the examination process.
The link to the application to take the exame "PECB Exams" is: https://pecb.com/pecbexams/
5. Technical requirements
For a successful testing experience, we recommend that you complete the steps below at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to your proctored exam. If you require further assistance regarding the steps listed in this document, please contact [email protected].
- Screen: display must measure 24.6 cm (9.5 inches) diagonally and support resolution of at least 1024 x 768 at 32,000 colors.
- Keyboard: Physical keyboard (wired or wireless) is required for laptops and desktop computers.
- Pointing device: mouse, trackpad, touchpad or touch screen or other pointing device with which the student is familiar.
- Network: connected to the internet with at least 100 kilobit per second download and 5 kilobit per second upload for each concurrent device in a test session.
- Security: the device must be secured so that the student does not have access to unauthorized websites, applications and spell checking features. An approved secure app will be provided to assist with the temporary locking down of devices for the test session.
Operating systems and browsers
- Linux/Ubuntu (12.0 or above)
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Macintosh OS X
Minimum technical specifications for devices
To ensure you are able to launch your exam please be sure your computer meets the hardware and software requirements below.
Note: If you are unable to alter settings of the above-mentioned programs, please contact your System Administrator or our Customer Service.
Note: You will not be allowed to use an internal camera.
- Minimum Video Resolution of 720p with a frame rate of 30 fps
- High Speed USB 2.0 connection – Plug and Play preferred
- Built-in microphone highly recommended
- We recommend cameras with a heavy base and flexible neck to allow easier placement
- Cord length of 6’ (2m) or more.
Digital Camcorder, Smartphone, Tablet, additional Laptops/computers are not acceptable as camera alternatives. You have to place your camera on your left or right side of your desk in order that the invigilator can be able to see you and your PC.
- You must be on time for all your examinations
- You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice in any part of the examination
Please ensure the following:
- Your computer is powered and the keyboard and mouse are working properly.
- Get comfortable with the computer before you begin writing the test.
- All questions are multiple choice questions and you are required to select the correct answer from the given choices. Only one of the given responses is correct or the most appropriate.
- You can navigate and look through the questions.
6. Receive your exam results
It takes 6 to 8 weeks for participants to receive their results. All results are sent via email. The examination results will not include an exact numerical score (mark); rather the candidate will only be given a pass or fail status in their email. In the case of a failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade to provide guidance to prepare yourself to retake the exam.
7. Exam retake policy
There is no limit on the number of times a candidate may retake an exam. However, there are some limitations in terms of allowed time-frame in between exam retakes, such as:
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on the first attempt, he/she must wait 15 days for the next attempt (1st retake). Retake fee applies.
Note: Students, who have completed the full training but failed the written exam, are eligible to retake the exam once for free within a 12 month period from the initial date of the exam.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on the second attempt, he/she must wait 3 months (from the initial date of the exam) for the next attempt (2nd retake). Retake fee applies.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on the third attempt, he/she must wait 6 months (from the initial date of the exam) for the next attempt (3rd retake). Retake fee applies.
After the fourth attempt, a waiting period of 12 months from the last session date is required, in order for candidate to sit again for the same exam. Regular fee applies.
For the candidates that fail the exam in the 2nd retake, PECB recommends to attend an official training in order to be better prepared for the exam.
To arrange exam retakes (date, time, place, costs), the candidate needs to contact iLEARN.
8. Apply for certification
All participants who successfully pass their certification exam (or an equivalent accepted by PECB) are entitled to apply for the PECB credentials they were examined for. Specific educational and professional requirements may be needed for you to be PECB certified. Candidates will need to fill out the online certification application form (that can be accessed via their PECB online profile), including contact details of references who will be contacted to validate the candidate’s professional experience.
Once PECB will have validated that you fulfill all certification requirements, you will be informed by e-mail of our decision and you will receive your certificate by e-mail in electronic format.
The application payment for the certificate is not refundable.
This is due to the initiation of the procedures concerning the verification of the application, verification of the evidence submitted by the candidates, as well as the engagement of the relevant units in this process.
9. Maintain your certification
The PECB certifications are valid for three years. To maintain his/her certification, the applicant must demonstrate every year that he/she is still performing tasks that are related to the certification. Every year, PECB certified professionals will need to provide PECB with the number of hours of auditing and/or implementation related tasks they have performed with the contact details of individuals who can validate these tasks, as well as paying their yearly certification maintenance fees. PECB will randomly select some referrals to contact to validate this experience and education.
10. Examination security
A significant component of a successful and respected professional certification credential is maintaining the security and confidentiality of the examination. PECB relies upon the ethical behaviour of certificate holders and applicants to maintain the security and confidentiality of PECB examinations. When someone who holds PECB credentials reveals information about PECB examination content, they violate the PECB Code of Ethics. PECB will take action against individuals who violate PECB Policies and the Code of Ethics. Actions taken may include permanently barring individuals from pursuing PECB credentials and revoking certifications from those who have been awarded the credential. PECB will also pursue legal action against individuals or organizations who infringe upon its copyrights, proprietary rights, and intellectual property.