Privacy & Data Protection Foundation is an entry-level course. It introduces you to European data protection legislation and enables you to develop an in-depth understanding of the GDPR. By earning a SECO-Privacy & Data Protection Foundation (S-PDPF) certificate, you demonstrate that you fully understand rights and obligations under the GDPR, and that you can interpret compliance requirements in the context of your daily work.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION FOUNDATION SELF-STUDY MATERIAL
The Privacy and Data Protection Foundation self study course kit helps you to prepare for the official Privacy and Data Protection Foundation certification exam. In the course kit you will find:
- The course book - "Understanding the GDPR"
- Course slides
- Free access to our online Study Account in the (S)ECO-System
- 1 year free membership if you pass the exam
For further information about the online exam, please click here.
Prix par personne299,00€
- Understand the GDPR through easy-to-read explanations, real-world examples and fictive scenarios;
- Study with course materials based on guidelines issued by the national data protection authorities and the European Data Protection Board;
- Assess your progress with exercises and practice tests;
- Prepare for your certification assessment with a free sample exam
The SECO Privacy & Data Protection Foundation course is intended for anyone who deals with collecting, editing or managing personal data in their work and / or ensuring its compliance. For example, think of:
- Future data protection officers
- Marketing professionals
- Call center employees
- Administrative departments
- Financial professionals
- Historical and legal context of European privacy and data protection legislation and the GDPR, and define the essential terms and concepts employed
- GDPR’s material and territorial scope, what information and what activities the GDPR applies to and in what situations the GDPR applies within and outside the EU/EEA
- Main provisions of the GDPR and their consequences for individuals and businesses
- General principles that govern the processing of personal data
- Restrictions on the processing of personal data
- Obligations of controllers and processors
- How compliance with the GDPR can be demonstrated to the supervisory authority
- The consequences of non-compliance
- Where to find additional information and resources about specific provisions
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The course is suitable for absolute beginners and those would like to deepen their basic GDPR-knowledge. If you already have a good understanding of the GDPR and you are interested in practicing a Data Protection Officer’s tasks, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
Langue matériel cours
S-PDPF official certificate
Upon successful completion of a SECO Privacy & Data Protection Foundation certification exam, you will receive the S-PDPF certification title and a digital badge. Your credentials will grant you a one-year SECO membership. After your certification expires, you will have the option to re-certify by paying a small fee.