IT-Security Foundation provides you with a comprehensive introduction to IT security. In this course, you will be able to build your IT security knowledge from the ground up. You will learn what components make up an IT infrastructure and what vulnerabilities each component may have. You will also understand how attackers exploit common vulnerabilities and what tools you can use to prevent exploitation. At the end of the course, you will have a global understanding of IT security without having to immerse yourself deeply in information technology.
IT-SECURITY FOUNDATION SELF-STUDY MATERIAL
The IT-Security Foundation self study course kit helps you to prepare for the official IT-Security Foundation certification exam. In the course kit you will find:
- The course book: Understanding IT-Security Administration
- Course slides
- Free access to our online Study Account in the (S)ECO-System
- 1 year free membership if you pass the exam
For further information about the online exam, please click here.
TipologiaMateriale self-study senza esame
Prezzo per persona299,00€
- Have a basic understanding of computer architecture;
- Understand common hardware vulnerabilities and security measures;
- Understand operating system architecture and operating system vulnerabilities;
- Can identify effective security measures against malicious software;
- Have a good understanding of TCP/ IP networking;
- Understand the basics of network attacks and countermeasures;
- Have a good understanding of software and application vulnerabilities (OWASP top 10);
- Understand the basics of database vulnerabilities and countermeasures;
- Understand the fundamentals of symmetric, asymmetric and hybrid encryption;
- Understand how digital signatures and Public Key Infrastructures work;
- Understand how Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) work;
- Understand the importance of TLS, SSL, IPsec, S/MIME and Pretty Good Privacy;
- Understand the fundamentals of identity and access management;
- Understand the risks involved in using the Cloud;
- Understand the security threat landscape (attackers, attack tools and attack methods).
A chi è rivolto
The course and the certificate are ideal for you, if
- You are a network or system administrator and you have ambitions to start a career in IT security;
- You are an aspiring security professional with little technical affinity and a need to improve your technical security knowledge;
- You work with IT and IT security professionals, and you wish to improve your cooperation.
- Operating Systems
- Modes of cooperation
- Types of software
- Common causes of vulnerabilities
- Mitigations for common vulnerabilities
- Networking devices
- Network connections
- Network models
- Network architecture
- Network addressing
- Types of cryptography
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Major cryptographic network protocols
- Major cryptographic applications
- IT security administration
- Know your enemy: Hacking as a process, Tool of their trade
- Know yourself: IT security administration as a process, Tool of our trad
This is an entry-level course. No previous knowledge or experience is required. Familiarity with the most commonly used IT terms is recommended.
The course is suitable for absolute beginners with a basic knowledge of computers and technology. If you already have a good understanding of IT security principles and you are interested in practicing a Security Manger’s tasks, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
Lingua materiale corso
S-ITSF official certificate.
Upon successful completion of a SECO IT-Security Foundation certification exam, you will receive the S-ITSF certification title and a digital badge. Your credentials will grant you a one-year SECO membership. After your certification expires, you will have the option to re-certify by paying a small fee.