Better Business Cases™
In this showcase you will find a selection of training courses and exams in the Better Business Cases™ context.
To look for a course or an exam specifically, you can use the "Search courses/exams prices" tool that you will find below.
If you do not see the course or exam you want, please contact us.
The Better Business Cases™ methodology is written by the UK Government Treasury in conjunction with the Welsh Government, is well tried and tested and in their words has lead to “quicker and cheaper business decisions”.
Given the Business Case is the most important part of a Project, identifying if the project is worth starting, and when reviewed it can influence as to whether the project continues or indeed is stopped, then you would expect it to have a real importance. However, many projects run with an optimistic Business Case, often poorly written, and organisations are spending money that may well not give them the return they expected.
This Better Business Cases™ course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK Government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
KEY BENEFITS OF BETTER BUSINESS CASES™
- Establishing a clear need for intervention – a case for change
- Setting clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
BETTER BUSINESS CASES™ CERTIFICATION PATHWAY
The Better Business Cases certification pathway is composed by two levels of certification:
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Better Business Cases™ Practitioner
The Practitioner level is designed to confirm that you have achieved sufficient understanding of the theory and application of the Five Case Model to allow you to lead the production of a Better Business Case.
- Online courses are provided by ILX Group. ILX Group is an APMG-International accredited training organization.
iLEARN offers Better Business Cases Foundation level in the following modality:
- E-learning: training provided through an online learning management system from anywhere and anytime