The Foundation qualification is aimed at those who want to understand business analysis, support change and improve business processes.
Business Analysis Foundation e-learning prepares you for the BCS Foundation certificate in Business Analysis examination, which is one of four modules required to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- 1 year access to the platform
Business Analysis Foundation online course details
- Full tutor support
- Exam simulator
- 16 lessons
- Duration of 18 hours
- Access 24/7
Online exam format and characteristics
- Closed book
- 60 minutes duration
- 40 multiple-choice questions
- Pass mark is 26/40 (65%)
- Exam is normally taken at a Pearson VUE Test Center. It is also possible to take the online exam in ProctorU modality for a surcharge, by adding the option at the end of the page.
Pearson VUE does not distribute BCS certificates
Within 48 hours of taking your exam, you will receive an email from BCS asking you to login in to the BCS candidate portal e-professional. Successful candidates will be able to access and download their e-certificate from within the portal. It is therefore essential that your individual email address is accurately entered when registering with Pearson VUE.
Typology1 year online course with exam
Access duration of the course1 year
By the end of this course you should have a comprehensive understanding of business analysis, including:
- The role and competencies of a Business Analyst
- Investigation techniques, including interviews, observations, workshops and prototyping
- How to categorise, analyse and manage stakeholders
- How to model business processes
- Making a business and financial case and assessing feasibility
- How to establish, document and model requirements
Who it is aimed at
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Project Managers
- Introduction and overview
- What is business analysis?
- The competencies of a business analyst
- Strategy analysis
- The business analysis process model
- Investigation techniques
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Modelling business processes
- Defining the solution
- Making a business and financial case
- Establishing the requirements
- Documenting and managing requirements
- Modelling requirements
- Delivering the requirements
- Delivering the business solution
There are no formal prerequisites for this course or taking the exam.
Material course language
BCS Business Analysis Foundation official certificate