COBIT® - Control Objectives for Information and related Technology is the IT governance framework originally created by ISACA, Information Systems Audit and Control Association and subsequently managed in partnership by the latter with the IT Governance Institute (ITGI). This framework has now reached its fifth version, named COBIT® 5.
The COBIT® 5 Assessor course provides a basis for assessing an enterprise's process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance.
- 30 access days to the platform
- Exam to do by the selected date
COBIT 5 Assessor online course details
- 13 lessons (video recorded by an accredited teachers)
- Downloadable PDF documents with slides for each lesson
- Exercises and solutions
- 1 official mock exam
Online course format and characteristics
- Access 24/7
- For further information about online courses, please click here
COBIT 5 Assessor online exam details
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2 ½ hours duration
- Open book, Using COBIT 5 books only. ('COBIT 5 Assessor Guide: Using COBIT 5' and 'COBIT Process Assessment Model')
Online exam format and characteristics
For more information about technical requirements and online exam procedure, please click here.
Typology30 days online course with exam
413,10€ up to 31/08/2020
Access duration of the course30 days
To access the free demo of this course and all the other available demos, click here.
What are the key things you will learn?
- How to perform a process assessment and how to analyze the results to provide a clear determination of process capability.
- How these results can be used for process improvement, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance ultimately driving value to the business.
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilites in the process capability assessment process.
Who it is aimed at
- Internal and external auditors
- IT auditors
The syllabus areas that this course is designed to cover are:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the COBIT 5 Assessor Guide
- How to identify and assess roles and responsibilities
- How to use the Process Assessment Model and Process Reference Model
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Perform process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
To take part in the COBIT 5 Assessor course you must have the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate.
After having purchased and paid for the course, they will be asked to send the certificate.
To be able to take the exam, it's required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
Material course language
COBIT® 5 Assessor official certificate