CompTIA PenTest+ 1 year with exam online course in English provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning
CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals responsible for penetration testing and vulnerability management.
The version of this certification is CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002.
CompTIA CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002 online course details
- 12 months of access to the platform
- CompTIA CertMaster Learn (self-paced online course)
- 40 hours of contents
- 10 video lessons with performance-based questions
- 100 practice questions
- CompTIA PenTest+ Virtual Labs included
- Flashcards ensure you know the terminology and acronyms required for the exam
- Learning Plan
- 90-question final assessment simulates the test experience
CompTIA Security+ PT0-002 online exam details
- Duration of 165 minutes
- Performance-based and Multiple-Choice questions
- Maximum of 85 questions
- Passing score 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Testing provider: Person Vue (Testing Center or Online Testing).
For more information about exams with Pearson Vue, please visit this page.
Typology1 year online course with exam
Access duration of the course1 year
After taking CompTIA PenTest+ course and exam, candidates will learn how to:
- Penetration testing project planning and scope
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Conduct vulnerability scans and penetration tests using appropriate tools and techniques, then analyze the results
- Effectively generate written reports using suggested remediation techniques
Who it is aimed at
- Security analyst (Tier II SOC analyst and Security monitoring)
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Security engineer
- Application security analyst
- Incident response or handler
- Compliance analyst
- Threat hunter
- Planning and scoping - including emphasis on governance, risk and compliance concepts, scoping and updated techniques required by the organization/client and demonstrating ethical hacking thinking.
- Intelligence Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning - Includes updated capabilities for vulnerability scanning and passive/active reconnaissance, vulnerability management, and analysis of reconnaissance exercise results.
- Attacks and Exploits – Includes updated methodologies for advanced attack surfaces, research into social engineering techniques, execution of cyber-attacks, wireless attacks, application-based attacks and attacks on cloud technologies, and post-execution exploitation techniques.
- Reporting and Communication - Enhances the importance of focusing on reporting and communication during penetration testing in an increased regulatory environment by analyzing the results and recommending appropriate remedial actions in the report.
- Tools and Code Analysis - Provides updated concepts for identifying scripts in different software deployments, analyzing scripts or code samples, and explaining use cases for different tools used during the penetration testing phase. It is important to note that no scripting or coding is required.
In order to access CompTIA PenTest+ course and exam, candidates are recommended to have:
- Network+, Security+ certificate or equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
Material course language
CompTIA PenTest+ official certificate