The Dark Web is a section of the internet, which is not accessed with a regular browser. Connections are often encrypted and anonymised and criminal activity has flourished in this space. As a result, it has become increasingly important for IT professionals within corporations and those involved in public sector investigations to have the skills and knowledge to securely monitor the Dark Web.
Dark Web Foundation is a certification for those interested in learning how to access and navigate the Dark Web. The learning material was co-developed with the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), the first scientific research institute to partner with INTERPOL to combat cybercrime.
TypologyDistant course with exam
Course start date15-02-2021
Course end date16-02-2021
- Understand the Technology behind the Dark Web
- Use Tor to discover hidden sites and services
- Grasp the business dynamics of Dark Markets
- Gain insight into Dark Web investigations through real-world incidents
- Get thorough grounding in Bitcoin transactions, Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin laundering
Who it is aimed at
This training is of interest for both technical and non-technical security specialists:
- IT and information security professionals with ambitions to get into Dark Web monitoring will value learning about the foundations of Darkweb, as facilitator of hidden cyber threats facing their organization
- Participants from law enforcement (police, justice, defence, fiscal authorities and investigators) will benefit from insights on how criminal activities evolve on the hidden part of the web, and will gain insight in crypto currency used for money transactions, money laundering etc.
- For the same reason, this training has also received keen interest from policy makers and government officials in their efforts to develop legislation to combat crime in the digital era
Module 1: Introduction to the Dark Web and Dark Markets
- History of the Dark Web and the Tor project
- Understanding Dark Markets
- Finding Deep/Dark Web sites
Module 2: The Onion Router (Tor)
- Identifiable information
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) and cryptographic principles
- Onion routing
- Perfect forwarding secrecy
- The Tor browser
Module 3: Bitcoin, Blockchain, Money Laundering
- Bitcoin basics
- Blockchain technology
- Advanced wallets
- Bitcoin laundering and mixing services
There are no specific pre-requisites to access Dark Web Foundation course and exam.
Material course language
S-DWF (Seco - Dark Web Foundation) Certificate