Dark Web Foundation distant course with exam in English from 03 October 2022 lasting 3 days provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning
The Dark Web is a section of the internet, which is not accessed with a regular browser. Connections are often encrypted and anonymised and criminal activity has flourished in this space. As a result, it has become increasingly important for IT professionals within corporations and those involved in public sector investigations to have the skills and knowledge to securely monitor the Dark Web.
Dark Web Foundation is a certification for those interested in learning how to access and navigate the Dark Web. The learning material was co-developed with the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), the first scientific research institute to partner with INTERPOL to combat cybercrime.
Dark Web Foundation Virtual course details:
- Course provided in Virtual (Distant) mode: this method allows the candidate to participate actively interacting with the teacher and with the other students in the course, thanks to the use of an advanced web-conferencing solution that allows the candidate to follow the course videos, presentation slides and speak or use a chat with the teacher and the other students.
- Course schedule: 1pm – 5.30pm CEST
- Course dates: October 3rd, 10th and 17th 2022
Material included in the Dark Web Foundation Virtual course:
- Official SECO-Institute course materials
- Training from passionate instructors with exceptional skills
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
Distant courses are confirmed approximately three weeks before the actual start of the course, reaching the minimum number of participants required. For this reason, please, contact us before making any payments.
TypologyDistant course with exam
Course start date03-10-2022
Course end date17-10-2022
- Understand the Technology behind the Dark Web
- Use Tor to discover hidden sites and services
- Grasp the business dynamics of Dark Markets
- Gain insight into Dark Web investigations through real-world incidents
- Get thorough grounding in Bitcoin transactions, Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin laundering
Who it is aimed at
This training is of interest for both technical and non-technical security specialists:
- IT and information security professionals with ambitions to get into Dark Web monitoring will value learning about the foundations of Darkweb, as facilitator of hidden cyber threats facing their organization
- Participants from law enforcement (police, justice, defence, fiscal authorities and investigators) will benefit from insights on how criminal activities evolve on the hidden part of the web, and will gain insight in crypto currency used for money transactions, money laundering etc.
- For the same reason, this training has also received keen interest from policy makers and government officials in their efforts to develop legislation to combat crime in the digital era
Module 1: Introduction to the Dark Web and Dark Markets
- History of the Dark Web and the Tor project
- Understanding Dark Markets
- Finding Deep/Dark Web sites
Module 2: The Onion Router (Tor)
- Identifiable information
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) and cryptographic principles
- Onion routing
- Perfect forwarding secrecy
- The Tor browser
Module 3: Bitcoin, Blockchain, Money Laundering
- Bitcoin basics
- Blockchain technology
- Advanced wallets
- Bitcoin laundering and mixing services
There are no specific pre-requisites to access Dark Web Foundation course and exam.
Material course language
S-DWF (SECO - Dark Web Foundation) official certificate