CompTIA A+ Core 2 Virtual Lab provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning
iLEARN provides different training solutions and resources to help and support candidates to prepare for and pass CompTIA A+ certification exam. In this page, you will be able to purchase the CompTIA A+ virtual lab as a standalone product.
If you are interested in purchasing the entire e-learning course and/or the exam voucher, visit our CompTIA A+ page.
Below you can find all the details of the official CompTIA A+ virtual lab.
The virtual lab prepares for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) certification.
Details of CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Virtual Lab
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for A+ (220-1102) provides hands-on practice and skill development with access to real-world equipment and software through a browser-based remote lab environment. Aligned with official CompTIA courseware and CompTIA A+ (220-1102) exam objectives, CertMaster Labs allow learners to easily practice and apply their skills in real-world workplace scenarios in preparation for certification exams. All lab activities include gradeable assessments, provide feedback and prompts, and provide grades based on learner input, ultimately guiding you on the correct and most efficient path through your assignment.
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for A+ (220-1102) is available for 12 months and is composed by more than 24 hours of browser-based virtual labs carried out on real equipment.
There are two types of labs in this pack:
- 24 Assisted Labs guide learners through tasks step-by-step and provide assessment and feedback in 10-15 minute experiences, allowing learners to correct any misunderstandings as the activity progresses.
- 3 Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios covering multiple topics in a 20-30 minute experience, and students are graded at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to solve problems without prescribed steps.
Access duration of the course1 year
Who it is aimed at
- Help Desk Tech
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
- System Support Technician
- Junior Systems Administrator
Assisted Labs included:
- Manage User Settings in Windows
- Support Windows 11
- Configure Windows System Settings
- Use Management Consoles
- Use Task Manager
- Monitor Performance and Event Logs
- Use Command-line Tools
- Perform Windows 10 OS Installation
- Perform Ubuntu Linux OS Installation
- Install and Configure an Application
- Troubleshoot a Windows OS Issue
- Configure Windows Networking
- Configure Folder Sharing in a Workgroup
- Manage Linux using Command-line Tools
- Manage Files using Linux Command-line Tools
- Configure SOHO Router Security
- Configure Workstation Security
- Configure Browser Security
- Troubleshoot Security Issues Scenario #1
- Use Remote Access Technologies
- Implement Backup and Recovery
- Implement a PowerShell Script
- Implement Bash Script
- Manage a Support Ticket
Applied Labs included:
- Support Windows 10
- Support and Troubleshoot Network Hosts
- Troubleshoot Security Issues Scenario #2