ISO/IEC 27001 is the international standard for handling online information security. It sets the requirements and the structure of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and, for each organization that attains it, it certifies to all the parts involved (shareholders, sponsors, managers, customers and suppliers) the adoption of an efficient ISMS and the continuous organization's commitment on maintaining it.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation course is the first step to qualify for ISO/IEC 27001 standard on data security.
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation online course details
- 8 lessons
- 7 hours of video
- 15 hours to complete the course
Online course format and characteristics
- Access 24/7
- Access to the e-learning system, help included, and to all the material (videos, documents)
- Videos for all the lessons recorded by accredited teachers
- Documents with detailed content (slides, explanations) for every lesson that can be downloaded in PDF format
- Online exercises with the chance to submit a solution proposal
- Answers to the online exercises and corrections of the solutions
- Mid course quiz with immediate online correction
- One official mock exam
- Final lesson on how to approach the exam
- For further information on online courses, please click here
TypologyOnline course without exam
189,05€ up to 28/02/2021
Access duration of the course120 days
At the end of the course, provided the exam is successful, the examinee will know:
- ISO/IEC 27001 scope, purpose and how the standard can be used;
- ISO/IEC 27001 keywords and its definitions;
- The requirements to attain ISO/IEC 27001 certification and the need for perpetual improvement;
- Procedures, their general objectives and high level requirements;
- Applicability and scope definition requirements;
- Use of controls to mitigate IS risks;
- Internal audits and external certification purposes, their operation and terminology;
- The relationship between best practices, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
Who it is aimed at
- Resources who support the implementation, operation and maintenance of an ISMS within an organization;
- Resources to who is required to audit an ISMS and to have knowledge on the standard;
- Resources who work with an internal ISMS, whether the society already has an ISO/IEC 27001 certification or is considering acquiring one;
- Those who wish to acquire or get ready for an ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner certificate.
- Introduction, background and terminology;
- Key publications that compose the family of ISO/IEC 27001 standard;
- Leadership and support of an Information Security Management System;
- Planning and managing of an Information Security Management System;
- Goals of control and controls for an Information Security Management System;
- Acquiring ISO/IEC 27001 qualification.
To be able to take the exam, it is necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.