ISO/IEC 27001 is the international standard for handling online information security. It sets the requirements and the structure of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and, for each organization that attains it, it certifies to all the parts involved (shareholders, sponsors, managers, customers and suppliers) the adoption of an efficient ISMS and the continuous organization's commitment on maintaining it.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation course is the first step to qualify for ISO/IEC 27001 standard on data security.
The APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor certification demonstrates knowledge of how to audit organizations to identify conformity with ISO 27001, how to evaluate the principles of risk management and how to propose appropriate treatments and controls to reduce information security risk.
- 180 access days to the platform
- 2 voucher codes valid for 1 year
NOTA BENE: you will have access to both courses, Foundation and Auditor, but you must have taken and passed the Foundation exam in order to access the Auditor exam. It is therefore recommended to pay attention to deadlines and to book the Foundation exam in good time, in order to do later the Auditor exam within the expiration date.
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 FULL ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation course details:
- 8 lessons
- 7 hours of video
- 15 hours to complete the course
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor course details:
- 5 lessons (5 hours of hours of video recorded by an accredited teacher)
- Downloadable PDF documents with detailed content (slides, explanations) for each lesson
- Exercises and solutions
- 1 official mock exam
ONLINE COURSE FORMAT AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Access 24/7
- For further information about online courses, please click here
ONLINE EXAM FORMAT AND CHARACTERISTICS
You will receive your exam voucher code at the activation of the courses. Each voucher code will be valid for 1 year. These will allow you to access the Examination Institute portal and schedule autonomously accurate date and time of the exam, according to the proposed timetable.
For more information about technical requirements and online exam procedure, please click here.
TypologyOnline Full packs (Found+Pract)
Access duration of the course180 days
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation objectives:
- ISO/IEC 27001 scope, purpose and how the standard can be used;
- ISO/IEC 27001 keywords and its definitions;
- The requirements to attain ISO/IEC 27001 certification and the need for perpetual improvement;
- Procedures, their general objectives and high level requirements;
- Applicability and scope definition requirements;
- Use of controls to mitigate IS risks;
- Internal audits and external certification purposes, their operation and terminology;
- The relationship between best practices, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor objectives:
- How to audit organizations to identify conformity with ISO 27001
- How to evaluate the principles of risk management - including risk identification, analysis and evaluation
- How to propose appropriate treatments and controls to reduce information security risk, support business objectives and improve information security
- Leading organizations through an audit program
- Directing audit teams
- Evaluating the effectiveness of applied corrective actions to maintain ISMS conformity with ISO 27001
Who it is aimed at
- Resources who support the implementation, operation and maintenance of an ISMS within an organization;
- Resources to who is required to audit an ISMS and to have knowledge on the standard;
- Resources who work with an internal ISMS, whether the society already has an ISO/IEC 27001 certification or is considering acquiring one;
- Those who wish to acquire or get ready for an ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner certificate.
- Third-party auditors working for Certification Bodies, responsible for conducting audits which certify organizations against ISO 27001 and ISO 19011
- Internal auditors seeking to understand the specific requirements of auditing Information Security Management Systems needed to confirm that an organization conforms to the ISO 27001 or ISO 19011 standard
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation contents:
- Introduction, background and terminology;
- Key publications that compose the family of ISO/IEC 27001 standard;
- Leadership and support of an Information Security Management System;
- Planning and managing of an Information Security Management System;
- Goals of control and controls for an Information Security Management System;
- Acquiring ISO/IEC 27001 qualification.
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor contents:
- Introduction, background and terms
- Audit management, types and activities
To be able to take the exam, it's required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute APMG. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
In order to access ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor exam, candidates must pass ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation certification exam.
Material course language
APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation and APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor official certificates