iLEARN is an ATO (Accredited Training Organization)
of APMG for ISO/IEC 27001 course.
For an online verification of accreditments, do the research with
ICONS - Innovative Consulting S.r.l. of which iLEARN is a business unit.
ISO/IEC 27001 is the international standard for handling online information security. It sets the requirements and the structure of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and, for each organization that attains it, it certifies to all the parts involved (shareholders, sponsors, managers, customers and suppliers) the adoption of an efficient ISMS and the continuous organization?s commitment on maintaining it.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation course is the first step to qualify for ISO/IEC 27001 standard on data security.
Course start date
Course end date
At the end of the course, provided the exam is successful, the examinee will know:
- ISO/IEC 27001 scope, purpose and how the standard can be used;
- ISO/IEC 27001 keywords and its definitions;
- The requirements to attain ISO/IEC 27001 certification and the need for perpetual improvement;
- Procedures, their general objectives and high level requirements;
- Applicability and scope definition requirements;
- Use of controls to mitigate IS risks;
- Internal audits and external certification purposes, their operation and terminology;
- The relationship between best practices, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
Who it is aimed at
- Resources who support the implementation, operation and maintenance of an ISMS within an organization;
- Resources to who is required to audit an ISMS and to have knowledge on the standard;
- Resources who work with an internal ISMS, whether the society already has an ISO/IEC 27001 certification or is considering acquiring one;
- Those who wish to acquire or get ready for an ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner certificate.
- Introduction, background and terminology;
- Key publications that compose the family of ISO/IEC 27001 standard;
- Leadership and support of an Information Security Management System;
- Planning and managing of an Information Security Management System;
- Goals of control and controls for an Information Security Management System;
- Acquiring ISO/IEC 27001 qualification.
- Student manual: slides presented by accredited teacher with explanations
- 1 official mock exam
To be able to take the exam, it is necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
Material course language
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation official certificate
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation classroom course in English from 23 May 2016 in Luxembourg lasting 3 days provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning