The ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module is designed for ITIL v3 candidates who are ITIL Experts, who have achieved 17 credits from across the v3 scheme or who have achieved 15 ITIL v3 credits and ITIL 4 Foundation certification. Candidates who will complete successfully this module will get the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (ITIL MP) certification.
The transition module covers the core elements from the ITIL 4 Managing Professional stream. It has a mandatory training and exam that will enable the candidates to transition from their existing certification to the new ITIL 4 certification scheme.
The module will provide information on the key elements of the following modules from ITIL 4 Managing Professional:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support (CDS)
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV)
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT (HVIT)
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (DPI)
The course will also provide an introduction and cover the key concepts found in ITIL 4 Foundation.
ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module Virtual course details:
- Course provided in Virtual (Distant) mode: this method allows the candidate to participate actively interacting with the teacher and with the other students in the course, thanks to the use of an advanced web-conferencing solution that allows the candidate to follow the course videos, presentation slides and speak or use a chat with the teacher and the other students.
- Course schedule: from 9 am to 6 pm with 1-hour break from 1 pm to 2 pm
Material included in the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module Virtual course:
- Downloadable PDF documents with detailed content (slides, explanations) for each lesson
- Exercises and solutions
- 2 official mock exams
- Certification exam included
Distant courses are confirmed approximately three weeks before the actual start of the course, reaching the minimum number of participants required. For this reason, please, contact us before making any payments.
TypologyDistant course with exam
Course start date14-12-2021
Course end date17-12-2021
Time zoneAmerica/Mexico_City, Winnipeg, Regina, Chicago GMT−06
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Module enables candidates to recognise their previous achievements while still gaining the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
Who it is aimed at
- Individuals who have obtained their ITIL Expert designation
- Individuals who have achieved 17 credits from ITIL v3 qualification scheme.
- Individuals who have achieved 15 credits from ITIL v3 qualification scheme and hold an ITIL 4 Foundation certificate
For more information about how obtain credits to access the Transition Module, please check this page.
The transition module will provide information on the key elements of the following modules from ITIL® 4.
From the ITIL 4 Foundation Module:
- Key concepts of service management
- How the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- The four dimensions of service management
- The purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- The activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
From the ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support Module:
- How to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- How relevant ITIL practices contribute are to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and Value streams
- How to create, deliver and support services
From the ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT Module:
- Concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- The digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- The importance of the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
From the ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value Module:
- How customer journeys are designed
- How to foster stakeholder relationships
- How to shape demand and define service offerings
- How to onboard and offboard customers and users
- How to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- How to realise and validate service value
From the ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve Module:
- The scope and activities relevant to Direct and plan
- The role of GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) and how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- How to use the key principles and methods of Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement
To be eligible to take the module candidates should:
- Be an ITIL v3 Expert
- Hold 17 credits from ITIL v3 qualification scheme
- Hold an ITIL 4 Foundation certificate and 15 credits from the ITIL v3 qualification scheme
To be able to take the exam, it's necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of examination institute, available in english. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam: click here.
Material course language
ITIL® 4 Managing Professional