Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. Through understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behaviour, IT organizations are helped to develop a continuous improvement mind-set. Lean IT is complementary to all other best practice methods.
LEAN IT FOUNDATION ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
- 12 lessons (3,5 hours of sound and slides pre-recorded by an accredited teacher)
- Downloadable PDF documents with detailed content (slides, explanations) for each lesson
- 1 official mock exam
ONE-TO-ONE COURSE FORMAT AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Access 24/7
- Access to the e-learning system, help included, and to all the material (videos, documents) in English
- Videos for all the lessons recorded by accredited teachers
- Coaching for planning learning activities;
- Access to multimedia lessons "like being in class" via our proprietary platform wich combines videos and slides, course material, online quizzes, sample exams and exercises);
- Set your own learning pace (speed);
- Study the material offline;
- Repeat any lessons at any time;
- Skip lessons that are already familiar to you;
- Provides end of unit quizzes to check knowledge;
- Send messages to accredited teachers asking, for example, for more in-depth information and didactic support;
- Mock exams;
- Didactic support dedicated by accredited teachers;
- One-to-one sessions to check learning and for deepening of content with accredited teacher and provided in the native language via web-conference;
- Online official exam 7x24.
ONLINE EXAM FORMAT AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Online exam 24/7
- The exam is done entirely online
- The exam must be booked at the latest 72 hours before the day of the exam
- To book your exam write to [email protected] or call 0039 0362.33 01 07
- For further information on online exams, please click here.
TypologyONE-to-ONE course (online+coaching)
Access duration of the course120 days
The purpose of the Lean IT Foundation certificate is to certify that you have gained knowledge of the Lean IT terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of Lean IT practices.
The Lean IT Foundation Certificate is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the Lean IT practices under guidance of a Lean expert.
By the end of the course candidates should understand:
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools
- The DMAIC problem-solving model
- How these Lean principles can be applied within an IT organization
Who it is aimed at
- Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from from the insights provided by the qualification
- IT professionals who are participating in or involved with lean projects.
- Introduction of Lean;
- Lean Organization;
- Behaviour and Attitude;
- Problem Solving.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Recommended readings *:
Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook (chapters 1-4, 9)
Authors: Michael L. George et al
ISBN number 0-07-144119-0
Publisher: McGraw Hill
For insights into how Lean can be applied within the IT environment
Lean IT, Enabling and sustaining Your Lean Transformation
Authors: Steven C. Bell and Michael A. Orzen
ISBN number 978-1-4398-1756-8
Publisher: Productivity Press
Hardback edition published in 2011
For background on the origins of Lean, we recommend:
The Toyota Way
Author: Jeffrey K. Liker
Publisher: McGraw Hill
For more detail on the behavioral aspects of Lean, we recommend:
Creating a Lean Culture
Author: David Mann
Publisher: CRC Press
For more information regarding the application of Lean to Services organizations:
The Lean Toolbox for Service Systems
Author: John Bicheno
Publisher: PICSIE Books
* The above mentioned readings are recommended but not mandatory for the course.
- To be able to take the exam, it's required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
Material course language
Lean IT Foundation official certificate