Lean IT Foundation 120d without exam online course in Italian, English provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning
Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. Through understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behaviour, IT organizations are helped to develop a continuous improvement mind-set. Lean IT is complementary to all other best practice methods.
- 120 access days to the platform
Lean IT Foundation online course details
- 12 lessons (3,5 hours of sound and slides pre-recorded by an accredited teacher
- Downloadable PDF documents with detailed content (slides, explanations) for each lesson
- 1 official mock exam
Online course format and characteristics
- Access 24/7
- For further information about online courses, please click here
PDU - Lean IT Foundation
Our Lean IT Foundation training course can provide 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs). Here below you can find more details about the PDUs allocation:
Please note that, in order to auto-declare PDUs attending this course provided by iLEARN, the purchase of the attendance confirmation (attendance certificate) in electronic format (pdf) is mandatory. Select the option to add the attendance confirmation at the moment of purchase and proceed to checkout.
For more information about PDUs and how to claim them to maintain your PMI qualifications, please visit this page.
TypologyOnline course without exam
Access duration of the course120 days
The purpose of the Lean IT Foundation certificate is to certify that you have gained knowledge of the Lean IT terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of Lean IT practices.
The Lean IT Foundation Certificate is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the Lean IT practices under guidance of a Lean expert.
By the end of the course candidates should understand:
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools
- The DMAIC problem-solving model
- How these Lean principles can be applied within an IT organization
Who it is aimed at
- Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from from the insights provided by the qualification
- IT professionals who are participating in or involved with lean projects.
- Introduction of Lean;
- Lean Organization;
- Behaviour and Attitude;
- Problem Solving.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Recommended readings *:
Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook (chapters 1-4, 9)
Authors: Michael L. George et al
ISBN number 0-07-144119-0
Publisher: McGraw Hill
For insights into how Lean can be applied within the IT environment
Lean IT, Enabling and sustaining Your Lean Transformation
Authors: Steven C. Bell and Michael A. Orzen
ISBN number 978-1-4398-1756-8
Publisher: Productivity Press
Hardback edition published in 2011
For background on the origins of Lean, we recommend:
The Toyota Way
Author: Jeffrey K. Liker
Publisher: McGraw Hill
For more detail on the behavioral aspects of Lean, we recommend:
Creating a Lean Culture
Author: David Mann
Publisher: CRC Press
For more information regarding the application of Lean to Services organizations:
The Lean Toolbox for Service Systems
Author: John Bicheno
Publisher: PICSIE Books
* The above mentioned readings are recommended but not mandatory for the course.
- To be able to take the exam, it's required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.