MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) online training courses, exams and certifications provided by iLEARN
In this showcase you will find a selection of the training courses and exams in the MSP® context.
To look for a course or an exam specifically, you can use the "Search courses/exams prices" tool that you will find immediately after featured products.
If you do not see the course or exam you want, please contact us.
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) is a methodology for the management of programmes in the sense of the organised coordination of the creation of a portfolio of projects and activities that together allow a company to obtain results and benefits that are of strategic importance.
Programme management, in this sense, does not coincide or overlap with project management. Rather, it is a complementary discipline with specific indications for use. In other words, in those contexts in which the results and benefits to be obtained are of a strategic nature but in which the means and output with which to achieve them are not yet clear.
MSP fits in with the best practice of Axelos for the management of Portfolio, Programme and Project Management and therefore integrates well with MoP®, P3O® and PRINCE2®.
MSP 4TH EDITION AND MSP 5TH EDITION: WHAT HAS CHANGED?
The essence of what a programme is remains the same as it was with MSP 4th edition: it is temporary, it is focused on outcomes of benefit, and it is concerned with leading multiple projects and other work.
The core concepts (principles, themes, and processes) also still form the overall structure of the guidance. However, these have been revised with the following principles in mind:
- To ensure that MSP remains adaptable and flexible and can be used in a wide range of organizations and environments. There are many varied drivers for change, and MSP’s approach to programme management should ensure that the organization’s investment in change is wisely managed.
- To provide guidance for a wide range of investments that benefit from programme management, recognizing that the word ‘programme’ has many different meanings to organizations, and language other than ‘programmes’ may be used by those organizations.
- To emphasize the incremental nature of a programme and show how MSP enables a cyclical progression towards the desired future state. Organizations are complex, the external context is emergent, and the delivery of benefits and the creation of value cannot usually be achieved through a series of linear steps.
- To enable programme teams to recognize the many ways that outputs and changes can be delivered, including iterative (Agile), linear, and hybrid approaches.
MSP Qualification Path
MSP® Foundation certification
The MSP Foundation course looks at the basic principles of the MSP methodology, the components (called themes) and the processes.
The MSP certification is a prerequisite of the next level MSP Practitioner.
MSP® Practitioner certification
The MSP Practitioner course allows to look in-depht how to contextualize and apply MSP elements.
PDU - MSP Qualification Path
iLEARN is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute. Our MSP® training courses provide Professional Development Units (PDUs). Here below you can find more details about the PDUs allocation for each level of the MSP® qualification path:
To learn more about the PDUs allocation according to the PMI Talent Triangle and to discover all of our online training courses and exam packages for each certification level, click on one of the links above.
Please note that, in order to earn PDUs attending this course provided by iLEARN as an Authorized Training Partner (ATP), the purchase of the attendance confirmation (attendance certificate) in electronic format (pdf) is mandatory. Select the option to add the attendance confirmation at the moment of purchase and proceed to checkout.
For more information about PDUs and how to claim them to maintain your PMI qualifications, please visit this page.
The MSP training courses are run by accredited MSP teachers and they are designed based on solid experiences in the implementation of MSP in organisations of all sizes and sectors.
iLEARN offers Foundation and Practitioner leves in the following ways:
- on pre-scheduled dates (traditional classroom training on iLEARN premises)
- in-house (traditional classroom training scheduled based on client needs and at customer's or iLEARN premises)
- Distant-learning (following a remote classroom by means of a webconference)
- E-learning (training provided through our online learning management system from anywhere and anytime)
- ONE-to-ONE: access to e-learning platform and interactive sessions via web-conference with the accredited teacher
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access your e-learning course from anywhere and at anytime you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!