P3O is a mix of principles, processes, roles and techniques aligned with PRINCE2, MSP e M_o_R which facilitate Portfolio, Programme and Project Management.
P3O Foundation course provides participants a knowledge of P3O method that enables them to work with it in an effective way or within a team work, by applying this method.
P3O Practitioner course provides participants to understand the way to apply and personalize P3O method.
Classroom courses are confirmed approximately three weeks before the actual start of the course, reaching the minimum number of participants required. For this reason, please, contact us before making any payments.
TypologyClassroom Full packs (Found+Pract)
Course start date16-04-2018
Course end date20-04-2018
The aim of P3O Foundation course is to confirm that the candidate has acquired sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidelines to be able to interact efficiently with a Portfolio Office that works to this model.
The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite to the Practitioner qualification.
The aim of P3O Practitioner course is to confirm that the candidate has acquired sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidelines to be able to design, create, manage or work in any area or role in a P3O office. The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite to the Practitioner qualification.
Who it is aimed at
The P3O Foundation course is aimed at:
- Members of a Portfolio Office who work to the P3O model and who need to understand the terminology and concepts that make up the model;
- Resources that interact with a Portfolio Office that works to the P3O model;
- Resources interested in going onto higher levels within the qualification scheme.
The P3O Practitioner course is aimed at those who wish to take on an active role in any of the P3O models. It is therefore particularly suitable for the following figures: P3O Sponsor, P3O Office Manager, Programme or Project Manager, Portfolio Analyst, Programme or Project specialist, other functional roles described in appendix A of the P3O manual.
Content of P3O Foundation course:
- The P3O model and its components;
- The differences between Portfolio, Programme and Project Management;
- The activities and services of a P3O office;
- The reasons for establishing a P3O model;
- The differences between the different types of P3O models and the alternative drivers;
- The processes for creating or reactivating a P3O initiative;
- The tools and techniques that can be used;
- The objectives and main responsibilities of all the roles involved.
Content of P3O Practitioner course:
- Defining a business case to gain senior management approval for a P3O initiative;
- Choosing and building the most suitable P3O model for an organisation, bearing in mind its size, maturity and any peculiarities;
- Identifying the roles needed for a specific P3O organisation;
- Planning the creation of a P3O model;
- Using the tools and techniques of a P3O model and advising those who define the programmes and projects portfolio.
- Student manual: slides presented by accredited teacher with explanations
- 1 official mock exam
To take part to the P3O Practitioner course, candidates must have P3O Foundation certification.
After having purchased and paid for the course, they will be asked to send one of these certificates.
To be able to take the exam, it is necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam
Material course language
P3O Foundation and Practitioner official certificates