Data protection and data breach notification are no longer a media relations issue or opportunistic PR choice: It is law, with fines amounting up to 4% of the organization’s worldwide turnover. Not complying to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can lead to a financial drain equal to breaking EU Competition Law; a devastating amount for any business. The GDPR affects almost every business that collects or handles the personal data of any European citizen.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION FOUNDATION SELF-STUDY MATERIAL
The Privacy and Data Protection Foundation self study course kit helps you to prepare for the official Privacy and Data Protection Foundation certification exam. In the course kit you will find:
- 1x Exam voucher
- Digital Badge
- 1 year free membership if you pass the exam
ONLINE EXAM FORMAT AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Online via a certified proctor
- 40 multiple choice questions
- Duration of 60 minutes
For further information about the online exam, please click here.
- Understand the GDPR through easy-to-read explanations, real-world examples and fictive scenarios;
- Study with course materials based on guidelines issued by the national data protection authorities and the European Data Protection Board;
- Assess your progress with exercises and practice tests;
- Prepare for your certification assessment with a free sample exam
Who it is aimed at
The SECO Privacy & Data Protection Foundation course is intended for anyone who deals with collecting, editing or managing personal data in their work and / or ensuring its compliance. For example, think of:
- Future data protection officers
- Marketing professionals
- Call center employees
- Administrative departments
- Financial professionals
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The course is suitable for absolute beginners and those would like to deepen their basic GDPR-knowledge. If you already have a good understanding of the GDPR and you are interested in practicing a Data Protection Officer’s tasks, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
S-PDPF official certificate
Upon successful completion of a SECO Privacy & Data Protection Foundation certification exam, you will receive the S-PDPF certification title and a digital badge. Your credentials will grant you a one-year SECO membership. After your certification expires, you will have the option to re-certify by paying a small fee.