Six Sigma Courses
Six Sigma (6 Sigma) certification courses provided by iLEARN
Availability and prices of Six Sigma courses
In this showcase you will find a selection of training courses and exams in the Six Sigma context.
To look for a course or an exam specifically, you can use the "Search courses/exams prices" tool that you will find below.
If you do not see the course or exam you want, please contact us.
of 6sigmastudy for Six Sigma courses and certifications
For an online verification of accreditments, do a research with iCONS - Innovative Consulting S.r.l. of which iLEARN is a business unit.
Six Sigma is a data driven, customer focused, and result oriented methodology which uses statistical tools and techniques to systematically eliminate the defects and inefficiencies to improve processes. It is a systematic method to measure and analyze the business processes to identify critical factors affecting business results, thereby improving the processes and establishing controls around the improved processes.
Six sigma is a widely accepted quality concept in the corporate world today. Six Sigma started its journey in the 1980s as a data driven method to reduce variation in electronic manufacturing processes in Motorola Inc. in the USA. Six Sigma became famous when Jack Welch made it vital to his successful business strategy at General Electric in 1995. Today it is used as a business performance improvement methodology all over the world in diverse industry including general manufacturing, construction, banking and finance, healthcare, education, government, KPO/BPO, IT/ Software. At present IT/ ITES sector companies are dynamically implementing Six Sigma and it is no more confined into manufacturing sector.
Six sigma uses a set of quality management and statistical methods and creates a team of experts within the organisation having specific skill sets required to carry out the six sigma project. Each six sigma project carried out within an organisation follows a defined sequence of phases with quantifiable value targets e.g. reduction in process cycle time, reduce cost, increase in quality rating/ customer satisfaction index, reduction is defect rate.
KEY BENEFITS OF SIX SIGMA
- Six Sigma helps companies to reduce cost and improve productivity
- Six Sigma improves quality of projects output by reduction of inefficiencies and defects
- Six Sigma increases customer satisfaction, and Loyalty
- Certified Six Sigma Professionals can help increasing ROI significantly
There are mainly two methodologies of Six Sigma namely DMAIC and DMADV.
DMAIC is a data-driven Six Sigma methodology for improving existing products and processes. The DMAIC process should be used when an existing product or process can be improved to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements. DMAIC methodology consists of five phases: D – Define, M – Measure, A – Analyze, I – Improve, C – Control.
- Define – Define the project targets and customer (internal and external) deliverables.
- Measure – Measure the process to determine the current process performance (baseline).
- Analyze – Find out the root causes of the defects.
- Improve – Improve the process by eliminating defects.
- Control – Control the future performance.
DMADV is a common DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodology used to develop a process or product which does not exist in the company. DFSS is an application of Six Sigma which focuses on the design or redesign of the different processes used in product manufacturing or service delivery by taking into account the customer needs and expectations. DMADV is used when the existing product or process does not meet the level of customer specification or Six Sigma level even after optimization with or without using DMAIC. DMAIC methodology consists of five phases: D – Define, M – Measure, A – Analyze, D – Design, V – Validate.
- DEFINE the project goals and customer deliverables
- MEASURE the process to determine the current performance level
- ANALYZE and determine the root causes of the defects
- DESIGN the process in detail to meet customer needs
- VALIDATE the design performance and its ability to meet the customer needs
6sigmastudy Certification Hierarchy
iLEARN provides all the following online certifications: