iLEARN is an ATC (Accredited Training Course) Provider
of The Open Group for TOGAF® courses.
For an online verification of accreditments, do a research with
ICONS - Innovative Consulting S.r.l. of which iLEARN is a business unit.
TOGAF, an Open Group Standard, is a proven Enterprise Architecture methodology and framework used by the world's leading organizations to improve business efficiency. It is the most prominent and reliable Enterprise Architecture standard, ensuring consistent standards, methods, and communication among Enterprise Architecture professionals. Enterprise Architecture professionals fluent in the TOGAF standard enjoy greater industry credibility, job effectiveness, and career opportunities.
The standard is divided into seven parts:
- PART I (Introduction): This part provides a high-level introduction to the key concepts of Enterprise Architecture and in particular the TOGAF approach. It contains the definitions of terms used throughout TOGAF and release notes detailing the changes between this version and the previous version of TOGAF.
- PART II (Architecture Development Method): This is the core of TOGAF. It describes the TOGAF Architecture Development Method (ADM) – a step-by-step approach to developing an Enterprise Architecture.
- PART III (ADM Guidelines & Techniques): This part contains a collection of guidelines and techniques available for use in applying TOGAF and the TOGAF ADM.
- PART IV (Architecture Content Framework): This part describes the TOGAF content framework, including a structured metamodel for architectural artifacts, the use of re-usable architecture building blocks, and an overview of typical architecture deliverables.
- PART V (Enterprise Continuum & Tools): This part discusses appropriate taxonomies and tools to categorize and store the outputs of architecture activity within an enterprise.
- PART VI (TOGAF Reference Models): This part provides a selection of architectural reference models, which includes the TOGAF Foundation Architecture, and the Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model (III-RM).
- PART VII (Architecture Capability Framework): This part discusses the organization, processes, skills, roles, and responsibilities required to establish and operate an architecture function within an enterprise.
TOGAF'S KEY BENEFITS
Like most frameworks, TOGAF provides a way for organizations to increase the robustness, flexibility and efficiency of their Enterprise Architecture, enabling the business to change and adapt to the requirements of an unpredictable future. But what are the advantages of TOGAF over other EA frameworks?
- Collaborative: TOGAF was developed through the combined efforts of 300 of the world’s leading organizations. This broad base of knowledge and experience ensures that the framework is tried and tested.
- Open-source resource: The volume of materials found in TOGAF is unmatched, and is available for free via the Open Group’s website. These resources are a valuable resource for novice and experienced practitioners alike.
- Flexible: The TOGAF framework is general, but can be tailored to suit the specific needs of any organization. In addition, it has been designed to be compatible with other frameworks.
- Popular: TOGAF has been around for a long time, and as a result it is widely known and accepted, and there are a large number of qualified practitioners and trainers available. This means that it is easy to find people with the right skills when you need them.
- Constantly improving: TOGAF evolves with each update, ensuring that it incorporates and promotes the latest best practices.
TOGAF'S CERTIFICATION TRAINING PATHWAY
As you can see in the diagram, there are two qualification paths for an individual.
TOGAF® 9 Level 1 certification (Foundation)
The purpose of certification to TOGAF 9 Level 1, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation, is to provide validation that the Candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of the TOGAF 9 standard, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard.
TOGAF® 9 Level 2 certification (Certified)
The purpose of certification for TOGAF 9 Level 2, known as TOGAF 9 Certified, is to provide validation that in addition to the knowledge and comprehension of TOGAF 9 Foundation, the Candidate is able to analyze and apply this knowledge.
If you are interested in TOGAF® online courses, please contact us.