The IT-Security Expert training is a comprehensive 5- day course that immerses you into the processes, data flows, models and capabilities of a Security Operations Center.
The course provides a practical, relevant, and job-ready certification curriculum aligned closely with specific, real-world tasks needed as a SOC Analyst. It delivers a simulated SOC environment including a SIEM with a large dataset for the exercises, and ends with a capture the Flag Event, a one day experience in a virtual SOC. The training (5 days) is delivered over a period of 5 weeks and includes homework assignments. To obtain your certification, you must pass both the hands on exam (Day 5, Capture the Flag) and the theory exam (remote online via a certified proctor).
SECO INSTITUTE IT-SECURITY EXPERT EXAM FORMAT
- Hands on exam
- Language: English
- Delivered: Day 5 of Training – Capture the Flag. Instructor available for questions
- Duration of 5 hours
- Theory exam
- Language: English
- Online via a certified proctor
- 40 multiple choice questions
- Duration of 60 minutes
To obtain your certification, you must pass both the hands on exam and the theory exam.
TypologieCours à distance avec examen
Prix par personne2.375,00€
Date début du cours27-11-2020
Date fin du cours01-12-2020
By the end of this training course, candidates will:
- Understand how a SOC operates, what services are provided, the technologies and tools deployed and how they interconnect;
- Master log collection, log analysis and threat detection;
- Have hands-on experience in threat analysis, incident response and reporting;
The SOC Analyst course was developed by a group of SOC- Managers to facilitate the onboarding of new team members. The training benefits IT- and Security professionals that are either new or early in their SOC- career. After completing this course and passing the exam, they’ll be able to function adequately as a Security Analyst in a SOC or a similar security team.
The training also benefits security managers keen to learn how to build and manage efficient SOC Operations based on a more practical understanding of its working; and organizations that are building their SOC operations (or insourcing a SIEM solution for instance) and want to get their current team up to speed and certified.
While we would describe this as an entry- level training for SOC Analysts, there’s really no such thing as an entry-level job in cybersecurity: We do expect participants to have hands on experience in networking or some similar IT discipline.
- Module 1 – Organisation and Implementation Strategies
- Module 2 – Log Collection and Monitoring
- Module 3 – Identifying and Detecting Basic Network and Infrastructure Security Threats
- Module 4 – Understanding, Analysing and Monitoring Cyber Threats
- Module 5 – Preparing for, Responding to, and Reporting on Basic Network and Infrastructure Security Threats
- Module 6 – Capture the Flag Event – Just Another Day in the Office
This is an entry-level training for SOC Analysts. Participants are expected to have hands on experience in networking or some similar IT discipline.
Langue matériel cours
S-ITSE official certificate