Phase 1 - Exam purchase
If you have already purchased an exam voucher, you will be able to apply it on the exam provider's website.
Phase 2 - Registration on The Open Group website and exam scheduling
Create an Open Group account and register to take an exam with Pearson VUE or login into the Pearson VUE system using your Open Group account:
Login to Pearson VUE with your Open Group credentials to initiate the process of registering for an exam, taking an online exam, locating a test center, viewing existing registrations, re-scheduling, accessing score reports, etc. You will need an Open Group login account in order to register with Pearson VUE, even if you wish to register by phone or at a test center.
When booking your examination, if you have a voucher code that is not being accepted, firstly ensure that you are entering the exact code as distributed – we recommend that you cut and paste the code; secondly ensure you have selected the correct exam type as vouchers are exam specific. An exam voucher code can only be used once. If you plan to reschedule an examination you must cancel the existing appointment otherwise the appointment will be classified as a no-show and the voucher code will be used (see Exam Terms & Conditions). The exam must be taken prior to the expiry date of the exam voucher code. It is not possible to extend the validity of a voucher code.
In order to view a Pearson VUE computer-based test demo, please click here.
Phase 3 - Exam results
You will receive notification of your pass or fail status within a few minutes of completing your exam in the form of a printed score report from the test center administration staff. You can also access your score reports online within The Open Group portal at Pearson VUE. Occasionally, if a score report is unable to be printed then you will only receive the electronic copy. If your result is shown as pending this indicates that Pearson VUE are still to generate the score report, and this may take a few hours.
To obtain an electronic score report, login using your Open Group login credentials and follow the instructions on The Open Group website at: https://certification.opengroup.org/take-exam
Once logged in at Pearson VUE, you will find a link to "View Score Reports" on the right hand side of the page under "My Account".
After you have taken the examination(s), your results are passed to The Open Group for processing. You will be contacted by email within six working days with information on how to complete your certification.
Certificates are available once certification has been completed and are available in electronic form only (PDF).
The Open Group Certification for People Certification Policy indicates that after failing an examination, candidates must wait at least one month before re-taking any examination within that same certification program. If you retake your examination before the end of the waiting period, your test result will be void. This applies to all examinations within that program but does not affect examinations in another Open Group program. For example, in the TOGAF program, if you fail the Part 1 section of the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 examination, you would need to wait at least one month before taking just the Part 1 examination. However, there would be no restriction on taking an examination in another program, such as the IT4IT Part 1 examination.
Exam Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter technical problems when taking your examination, please raise them with the test center at the time of attendance, and obtain an incident number. If an incident has impacted your testing you should inform the proctor during the examination and request they extend your examination time.
- If you fail the examination and you had purchased an exam voucher with iLEARN, you should contact us to purchase a retake voucher. You will need to supply us with your candidate number, the date of the examination and a copy of your examination score report.
- Please note that the earliest you can retake an examination is one month after the first examination.
- If you fail to appear for your appointment at the test center, you will be classified as a no-show. If you need to reschedule your appointment, you should do so using the Pearson VUE online system, accessed by logging in to your Open Group account at https://certification.opengroup.org/take-exam. You must reschedule at least 48 hours prior to the existing appointment time. Otherwise, the voucher will expire and you must purchase a new voucher.
- iLEARN is unable to assist in scheduling, rescheduling or canceling examinations; all queries must be made directly with Pearson VUE at http://www.pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/contact
For any other information, do not hesistate to contact us.