PRINCE2 certifications renewal
PRINCE2 recertification: how to renew your certificate
In the Continuing Professional Development Programme created by PeopleCert, PRINCE2 certifications have to be renewed within three years from the certificate award date.
Read the following information to learn how the PRINCE2 recertification process works.
When do I have to renew my PRINCE2 certification?
Candidates have to proceed with their PRINCE2 renewal within three years from the issue date.
- If you certified before 30th June 2020: you will have until 1 July 2023 to renew your PRINCE2 certification, regardless of the original award date.
- If you certified after 30th June 2020: you will have to renew you certification/s within 3 years of the original award date.
You can discover the expiry date of your PRINCE2 certificate logging into your PeopleCert account.
How can I renew my PRINCE2 certification?
You can choose among different ways to maintain your PRINCE2 certificate and proceed with their PRINCE2 Foundation or PRINCE2 Practitioner renewal.
- You can retake the same PRINCE2 exam before the expiration date.
- You can take further courses and certifications, but these must be included in the same product suite/family of the certification to renew. This means that, to renew an PRINCE2 certificate, you will have to take another PRINCE2 exam in the PRINCE2 certification scheme.
- You can maintain your certification by collecting and logging CPD points through the CPD program. Learn more about the Continuing Professional Development programme.
PRINCE2 recertification: Which exam can I take to renew my certificate?
If you decide to renew your PRINCE2 certificate by taking another course and exam, you should take an exam within the same product suite. This means that you cannot update your PRINCE2 certificate by taking An ITIL 4 exam, for example.
PRINCE2® is included in the Project, Programme & Portfolio Management Product Suite, including also: PRINCE2 Agile ®, M_o_R®, MSP®, MoV®, MoP®, P3O®.
What if I have to renew more than one PRINCE2 certification?
If you achieved more than one PRINCE2 certificate, the first certificate obtained will get the same renewal date of the last PRINCE2 certificate you obtained. This means that, if you have more than one certification in the same product suite they will share the same renewal date.
For example, if you obtained an PRINCE2 Foundation certificate in December 2022 and a MSP Foundation certificate in January 2023, both certifications will expire in January 2026, so, it is enough to take and pass just one exam to maintain both.
Do you still have to achieve a PRINCE2 certificate and you need to know how to get PRINCE2 certification?
Check our PRINCE2 page to see all our PRINCE2 training courses and PRINCE2 certifications exams available.