ITIL® Foundation Courses
ITIL 4 Foundation certification training courses and exams based on ITIL methodology and framework
Summary of Topics
Availability and prices of ITIL® Foundation courses
ITIL® 4 Foundation online courses (e-learning) with exam
In this showcase you will find a selection of training courses, exams and mock exams concerning ITIL® Foundation within ITIL 4 Edition qualification scheme.
If you do not see a specific ITIL Foundation course or ITIL Foundation exam, please contact us.
ITIL Foundation online exam
In this showcase you will be able to purchase the ITIL Foundation exam voucher only (ITIL v4) to take the online exam on PeopleCert portal, in complete autonomy, 24 hours a day.
ITIL 4 Foundation distance - live virtual courses calendar
In this showcase you will find the next available dates for ITIL Foundation online courses (live virtual sessions) with certification exam. These courses are provided via web-conference in real time by our ITIL accredited trainers. The ITIL 4 Foundation certification exam will be taken online on PeopleCert portal.
What is ITIL® 4 Foundation
ITIL 4 is certainly the most known and successful IT Service Management framework. ITIL Foundation (ITIL 4 Foundation Edition) is an ITIL certification that introduces delegates to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organization work together as a system to enable value creation when providing services (typically IT service but not limited to). The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional process and project management, with a flexible value-oriented operating model, finally an end-to-end model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of technology enabled products and services.
At the Foundation level of knowledge, you understand how modern organization supported by Digital Technologies operate, the importance of optimizing value streams to increase efficiency and effectiveness, the relevance of cultural aspect and behavioral principles and all the terminology used and needed in IT Service Management. ITIL 4 Foundation course is provided by iLEARN online (self-paced), in classroom and remotely.
What is ITIL 4 Foundation useful for?
At this level of knowledge, ITIL Foundation (ITIL 4 Foundation Edition), resources are able to successfully interact of be part of Service Management teams following or aiming to follow best practices in this domain. In particular, they will be able to understand key concepts, processes and practices and give a better contribution to drive business excellence.
However, achieving this knowledge is not only important for the belonging organization but also for the individual. The IT certifications and, among them, certainly ITIL Foundation, are a key factor for success and a fundamental requisite for many employers. This is because researches suggest that employees with job-appropriate certifications are more confident, reliable, and knowledgeable; become proficient in their roles more quickly following the initial hire; and perform their jobs more effectively. This is especially true for ITIL Foundation in the domain of IT Service Management.
How to achieve ITIL 4 Foundation certification?
The ITIL Foundation (ITIL 4 Foundation Edition) certification is automatically achieved after passing the ITIL Foundation exam. The examination is an online invigilate experience and has no particular knowledge pre-requisites. It is possible to purchase the voucher to attempt the examination from this website, by following the dedicated link above. More information about the examination experience is available at this link.
The ITIL Foundation level is a prerequisite to continue with the following levels of ITIL 4 qualification.
How to prepare for ITIL 4 Foundation examination?
You can prepare for the ITIL 4 Foundation examination in several ways. You can decide to learn autonomously and directly attempt the examination, but this is approach is recommended only when the candidate has already a good level of knowledge in Service Management and has access to ITIL publications. The recommended approach is following an accredited official course that has been checked by PeopleCert on behalf of Axelos and that covers all the topics needed to know for the examination at the correct level of depth. This approach not only is more effective but in most cases, it is also more efficient as it allows to focus on what is really needed, being the ITIL body of knowledge so wide that it can become dispersive.
The iLEARN officially accredited ITIL Foundation (ITIL 4 Foundation Edition) course provides delegates with an extensive introduction to the core concepts of ITIL. It helps your understanding of the ITIL principles and demonstrates how they can improve an individual’s work and the work of the organization. The ITIL Foundation course provides an optimal preparation to pass the exam and, therefore, to obtain the certification.
iLEARN offers ITIL Foundation courses in a variety of delivery modes: fully online and self-paced accessing iLEARN Learning Management System with flexible access duration (30, 120 or 180 days but customizable for large organizations) from desktop or mobile devices, online following a virtual course or in classroom on scheduled dates or in-house. The options available are listed at the top of this page and you can directly choose and purchase your preferred one from there.
By Axelos regulations, it is not possible to sell a course without the corresponding examination and this is true also for ITIL 4 Foundation.
In the pdf sheet below, you can read more about iLEARN the ITIL Foundation courses.
ITIL 4 Foundation Mock Exam
Another possibility to assess your preparation before the final exam is taking the official PeopleCert ITIL 4 Foundation Mock Exam.
You can purchase your ITIL 4 Foundation mock exam as an option within your course with exam or exam only package or you can purchase it separately as an item at the top of this page.
Mock exams are one of the best ways to engage in practice & tackle exam-anxiety. In fact, you will access the same platform that will be used during the official examination, making the actual examination much easier to handle.
Earn PDUs with ITIL 4 Foundation
Our ITIL Foundation training course can provide 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for holders of PMI certifications who need credits for their maintenance. Here below you can find more details about the PDUs allocation for the ITIL4 Foundation course:
- Technical: 3
- Leadership: 1
- Strategic: 12
Please note that, in order to auto-declare PDUs attending this course provided by iLEARN, the purchase of the attendance confirmation (attendance certificate) in electronic format (pdf) is mandatory. Select the option to add the attendance confirmation at the moment of purchase and proceed to checkout. The PDUs are earned by following the course even if the certification exam is not successful.
For more information about PDUs and how to claim them to maintain your PMI qualifications, please visit this page.
Details about iLEARN ITIL 4 Foundation courses
Students who complete this course will have learned:
- An overview of the tools and methodologies, purpose and components of ITIL (ITIL 4 Edition), including the ITIL Service Lifecycle and the Service Value System
- The key concepts and value of IT service management to IT service providers and their customers
- How the ITIL guiding principles can help organizations adopt and adapt service management
- The activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- The purpose and key terms of 18 ITIL practices and the 7 essential practices
- How the ITIL best practice framework is used to boost the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of IT-related services, regardless of an organization’s size, structure or industry
- How to become an ITIL Expert by understanding the new certification path including the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) and ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) streams
Who it is aimed at
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Individuals working in other parts of "IT" (digital, product, development) with strong interface with service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
Key Service Management and ITIL Concepts
- Defining Value and its relationship with stakeholders
- Service relationships and co-creation of value
- Understanding Service Offerings and Products
- Balancing Outcomes, Value, Costs and Risks
- The 4 Dimensions of Service Management
- Organisations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
The ITIL Guiding Principles
- Introduction to the Guiding Principles
- Understand and apply each of the 7 Guiding Principles
ITIL Service Management Practices
- Introducing the 3 areas of Practice
- Key practices in ITIL4
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Control
- Service Request Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Desk
- Continual Improvement
- Overview of other practices in ITIL4
The ITIL Service Value System (SVS)
- Understanding the role of the Service Value System
- Elements of the ITIL4 SVS
- Guiding Principles
- Service Value Chain
- Continual Improvement
- Service Value Chain
- Understanding the Elements of the Service Value Chain
- Practices and their role in the Service Value Chain
- Using the Service Value Chain to identify and map Value Streams
Attending our ITIL Foundation training course in any of our delivery options you will also get:
- ITIL Foundation training material accredited by PeopleCert and AXELOS
- Official ITIL Foundation sample papers (provided by PeopleCert)
- Official AXELOS ITIL Foundation manual (optional)
- ITIL Foundation accredited trainers support
There are no specific pre-requisites. By the way, some appreciation of the ideas and principles of services may be useful.
To be able to take the ITIL Foundation exam, it's necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of examination institute, available in English. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam: click here.
- ITIL Foundation Classroom/distant live course duration: 2 days
- ITIL Foundation online course (e-learning/self-paced delivery option) durations:
- 30 platform access days
- 1 year platform access
PMI PDU: 16
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access your ITIL Foundation e-learning course (Edition 4) from anywhere and at any time you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!
Our e-learning platform is optimized for access via web browsers, including mobile!
Material course language
ITIL® Foundation (ITIL v4 Foundation Edition) official certificate
This certification is subject to the PeopleCert Continuing Development Programme. Find out how and when to renew your certification.
- Duration of 60 minutes (25% extra time for candidates taking the exam in a language other than their native language)
- Closed book
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 1 mark for each correct answer
- Passing score: 26/40 marks - 65%