ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management Courses
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management certification training courses and exams based on the ITIL practice for Service Configuration Management.
Summary of Topics
- Availability and prices of ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management courses
- What is the Service Configuration Management and what is a Service Configuration Manager?
- What is ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management training useful for?
- How to achieve the ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management certification?
- How to prepare for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management exam?
- Details about ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management course
Availability and prices of ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management courses
ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management self-study courses and exams
In this showcase you will find a selection of self-study material and exams concerning ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management within ITIL 4 Edition qualification scheme and ITIL 4 Practices.
If you do not see a specific ITIL 4 Service Configuration Management course or ITIL 4 Service Configuration Management exam, please contact us.
What is the Service Configuration Management and what is a Service Configuration Manager?
Service Configuration Management is a vital practice within IT Service Management (ITSM) that involves systematically managing and maintaining accurate information about an organization's services, infrastructure components, and their relationships. It aims to ensure that a comprehensive and up-to-date configuration of the organization's IT environment is available, enabling effective decision-making, problem-solving, and change management. By capturing and documenting details such as hardware, software, network components, and their interdependencies, Service Configuration Management helps minimize service disruptions, enhance efficiency, and support overall IT governance.
A Service Configuration Manager is an IT expert who manages and maintains the accurate records of an organization's IT services and components, ensuring they're up-to-date and easily accessible. This role aids in efficient decision-making, change management, and issue resolution, leading to minimized disruptions, improved resource utilization, and enhanced overall IT service reliability.
What is ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management training useful for?
The ITIL Practitioner: Service Configuration Management practice module guarantees the availability of precise and dependable details regarding service configurations and their supporting configuration items, precisely when and where they're required. This encompasses insights into the setup of configuration items and their interconnected relationships.
How to achieve the ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management certification?
The ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management certificate is obtained upon successfully passing the related certification exam.
To be eligible for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management exam, candidates must hold an ITIL 4 Foundation or an ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate. The related training is also mandatory to sit for the exam.
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management is one of the five practices included in ITIL 4 Plan, Implement and Control batch, under the ITIL 4 Practice Manager stream. Once a candidate obtained the Service Configuration Management certificate along with the other four practice certificates, he/she will be awarded with the ITIL 4 Plan, Implement and Control certification.
How to prepare for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management exam?
Candidates can prepare for the exams in different ways, thanks to iLEARN training packages.
iLEARN provides an ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management self-study course, including:
- The PeopleCert Official Training Material (OTM), a self-study manual including slides, notes, quizzes and sample papers
- The official PeopleCert eBook
- A PeopleCert exam voucher code valid 12 months
- Online asynchronous coaching with an accredited trainer*
- 2 hours of remote live coaching (optional)
* Asynchronous coaching with an accredited trainer is provided to support learners’ understanding of the Peoplecert Official Training Materials. Level of contact will vary in accordance with the candidate’s learning requirements. However, there is minimally one communication between the trainer and the learner to ensure that the learner understands how to navigate the course materials and agree to any plans for coaching interactions.
Candidates may decide to add the remote coaching hours with our accredited trainers to better prepare for the final certification exam.
Otherwise, candidates can attend an ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management training in a virtual classroom or in classroom on scheduled dates or in-house.
If you want to achieve all the five ITIL 4 Plan, Implement and Control practices certification, iLEARN makes available also the ITIL 4 Specialist: Plan, Implement and Control Combined self-study package, covering the 5 ITIL 4 Practitioner courses and exams included in the batch.
The options available are listed at the top of this page and you can directly choose and purchase your preferred one from there.
Details about ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management course
- Gather and oversee configuration items (CIs), encompassing hardware, software, networks, facilities, suppliers, products, and services.
- Streamline the delivery of valuable configuration insights to the organization, continuously optimizing the expenses associated with acquisition and upkeep.
- Enhance risk management strategies.
- Supervise the capacity, availability, and security of IT services and elements.
- Evaluate, appraise, and enhance the organizational competence of the Service Configuration Management practice utilizing the ITIL Maturity Model.
Who it is aimed at
This practice module is designed for IT professionals seeking to authenticate and validate their expertise within this particular practice domain.
- Key concepts of the practice
- Processes of the practice
- Roles and competencies of the practice
- How information and technology enable the practice
- Role of partners and suppliers in the practice
- How the ITIL capability model can be used to develop the practice
- How the guiding principles support the practice
In order to access ITIL 4 Service Configuration Management exam, candidates must hold an ITIL 4 Foundation certificate or an ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate.
Furthermore, candidates must have taken the related accredited training course.
By ordering our ITIL 4 Practitioner self-study packages you will be eligible to take the related final certification exam, covering all the requisites imposed by PeopleCert.
- Self-study course duration: 12 months available to download the self-study material
- Classroom/virtual course duration: 1 day
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access youre-learning course from anywhere and at any time you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!
Our e-learning platform is optimized for access via web browsers, including mobile!
Material course language
ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Configuration Management official certificate
This certification is subject to the PeopleCert Continuing Development Programme.
Find out how and when to renew your certification.
- Duration of 30 minutes (25% extra time for candidates taking the exam in a language other than their native language)
- Closed book
- 20 multiple choice questions
- 1 mark for each correct answer
- Passing score: 13/20 marks - 65%