Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation™ Courses
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation Certification and Training Courses by the DevOps Institute
Summary of Topics
- Availability and prices of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation™ courses
- What is Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation certification?
- Who should attend to the Site Reliability Engineering Foundation course of the DevOps Institute?
- Which are the benefits of Site Reliability Engineering Foundation training?
- How to get prepared to pass Site Reliability Engineering Foundation exam?
- Details about iLEARN Site Reliability Engineering Foundation courses
Availability and prices of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation™ courses
Site Reliability Engineering Foundation self-study courses and exams
In this showcase you will find a selection of self-study material and exams concerning SRE Foundation within DevOps Institute qualification scheme.
If you do not see a specific SRE Foundation course or SRE Foundation exam, please contact us.
What is Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation certification?
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) involves blending software engineering principles with infrastructure and operations expertise. This discipline and role focus on addressing scalability and reliability challenges in the development of distributed software systems.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation is a training and certification program designed to equip individuals with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to understand and apply SRE principles and practices. The certification is associated with the broader field of DevOps and focuses on enhancing the reliability and performance of software systems and services.
Who should attend to the Site Reliability Engineering Foundation course of the DevOps Institute?
The SRE Foundation course is suitable for a diverse audience, including IT professionals, developers, operations teams, QA professionals, project managers, and leadership roles. It caters to individuals with varying levels of experience in SRE, providing a foundational understanding of SRE principles and practices.
Which are the benefits of Site Reliability Engineering Foundation training?
Modern organizations navigate increased change within intricate tech environments, heightening the risk of outages and incidents. To enhance service reliability and system resiliency, IT teams are leveraging automation and observability, making the Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) role one of the fastest-growing positions, crucial for efficient and swift deployments.
Benefits for organizations:
- Improved stability and reliability of services
- Enhanced understanding of production service operations
- Increased balance between technical investment in reliability and customer experience
- Greater awareness of the operational impact of services within development teams
- Positive impact on staff morale and retention
Benefits for individuals:
- Enhanced work balance with dedicated time for improvement
- Reduced stress in on-call experiences and overall call-out volumes
- Expanded skills-based capabilities utilizing the latest automation tools
- Positive transformation in workplace culture
- Opportunities for "shifting left," contributing to the delivery of more reliable services by development teams
How to get prepared to pass Site Reliability Engineering Foundation exam?
iLEARN offers Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation training courses is several delivery options:
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation classroom courses
- on pre-scheduled dates: traditional classroom training at iLEARN premises
- in-house: traditional classroom training scheduled based on client needs and at customer's or iLEARN premises
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation remote courses: following a remote classroom by means of a web-conference
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation self-study courses: candidates will receive a series of pdf documents to prepare autonomously for the official examination
Details about iLEARN Site Reliability Engineering Foundation courses
This course aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the principles and practices of Site Reliability Engineering.
Who it is aimed at
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
- SRE Principles and Practices
- Service Level Objectives and Error Budgets
- Reducing Toil
- Monitoring and Service Level Indicators
- SRE Tools and Automation
- Anti-Fragility and Learning from Failure
- Organisational Impact of SRE
- SRE, Other Frameworks, The Future
It is advisable to have a background in IT terminology and relevant work experience.
- Self-study course duration: 12 months available to download the self-study material
- Classroom/distant course duration: 2 days
Material course language
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation™ official certificate
This certification is subject to the PeopleCert Continuing Development Programme.
Find out how and when to renew your certification.
- Duration of 60 minutes (25% extra time for candidates taking the exam in a language other than their native language)
- Open book
- 40 multiple choice questions
- Passing score: 26/40 marks - 65%