The PEOPLECERT online exam system is called EXAM SHIELD and involves the presence of a human supervisor who checks online that the exam is been carried out correctly.
Before buying, you should check that you can meet the preliminary access requirements and carry out a compatibility test with your own computer. The HW and SW requirements are as follows:
- Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan);
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with at least 2GB of RAM;
- An internet connection with a speed not inferior to 4Mbps;
- A monitor (at least 15”) with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or more;
- Keyboard, mouse or equivalent;
- A webcam (built in or external) which can be rotated;
- Speakers and microphone ( the use of headphones is not allowed).
The use of virtualisation software such as VMware, Virtual PC or Sandbox, is not allowed during the exam.
You can test your computer and webcam at the following address http://www.peoplecert.org/en/Candidates/Test-it-before-you-take-it/Pages/test-it-before-you-take-it.aspx.
Phase 1- Exam purchase
The exam can be purchased on this site. Upon successful completion, you will receive a voucher code via email that you will need to be able to take the exam.
Phase 2- Registration on PEOPLECERT site and exam scheduling
The first step is to register for the exam at https://candidate.peoplecert.org/. In this phase, you will be asked to provide your personal data. At the end of it, you will be able to schedule the date and time of the exam by input of the voucher code. You will then be sent a confirmation email by the system.
You must book the exam at least 3 working days before you want to sit for the exam.
Phase 3 – Taking the exam
To be able to take the exam you must install the EXAM SHIELD software from the link that can be found in the email confirmation you received. You should complete the installation an hour before the exam and at the same time deactivate any virtualisation software you may have.
You should also check that
- You have a valid ID document with photo with you;
- You can rotate the webcam 360°;
- You haven't got other screens or webcams connected to your computer.
At least 10 minutes before you are due to start the exam, press the EXAM SHIELD "OK" button and wait for the arrival of the supervisor if he/she is not yet online.
Please remember that during the exam
- You are asked to make sure that your face and the surrounding environment is well lit, turn off any mobile phones and to not receive any visitors for the entire duration of the exam;
- There should not be any background noise.
N.B: Vouchers are released with a validity of 6 months (except for special communications from iLEARN). Any request about voucher extension and any cancellation and rescheduling of the exam session will have a cost imposed by PEOPLECERT.
We recommend you to read the following available documentation regarding the complete PEOPLECERT procedure:
For further information, do not hesitate to contact us via email [email protected] or 0044 2035295682 (UK number), 001 3155586909 (USA number).