The PEOPLECERT online exam system is called EXAM SHIELD and involves the presence of a human supervisor who checks online that the exam is been carried out correctly.
Before buying, you should check that you can meet the preliminary access requirements and carry out a compatibility test with your own computer. The HW and SW requirements are as follows:
- Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7, macOS 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), Sierra (10.12) or High Sierra (10.13);
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with at least 2GB of RAM;
- An internet connection with a speed not inferior to 4Mbps;
- A monitor (at least 15”) with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or more;
- Keyboard, mouse or equivalent;
- A webcam (built in or external) which can be rotated;
- Speakers and microphone (the use of headsets is only allowed during onboarding).
The use of virtualisation software such as VMware, Virtual PC or Sandbox, is not allowed during the exam.
Phase 1- Exam purchase
The exam can be purchased on this site. Upon successful completion, you will receive a voucher code via email that you will need to be able to take the exam (PeopleCert Code).
Phase 2- Registration on PEOPLECERT site and exam scheduling
The first step is to register for the exam at https://webcandidate.peoplecert.org/. If you do not have a PeopleCert account, you will need to create a new one. After that, log in to your web account. Click Register for an exam to register for your exam. Select Using Exam Voucher, enter your Voucher code and click the Submit botton. If additional data is required for the specific exam, you will be promped to complete the appropriate fields. Then yor exam data will appear: to complete your exam registration, click on the Submit button. An email confirming your exam registration and your exam details will be sent to you. These are also available in the My exams section of your Web Account.
You must book the exam at least 3 working days before you want to sit for the exam.
Phase 3 – Taking the exam
To be able to take the exam you must install the EXAM SHIELD software from the link that can be found in the email confirmation you received. You should complete the installation up to 1 hour before the exam and at the same time deactivate any virtualisation software you may have.
You should also check that
- You have a valid ID document with photo with you;
- You can rotate the webcam 360°;
- You haven't got other screens or webcams connected to your computer.
At least 10 minutes before you are due to start the exam, press the EXAM SHIELD "OK" button and wait for the arrival of the supervisor if he/she is not yet online.
A pop up message will notify you if any application needs to be closed to continue with the exam.
After that, an intuitive wizard will guide you towards connecting to your Proctor and starting your exam; you will have to:
- Check exam guidelines
- Scan your ID
- View exam tutorial
When your proctor will join the session, you will be instructed to:
- Check your audio and video performance
- Show your ID to the camera if needed
- Show your room (360 camera rotation) and your desk
- Share your screen with your online proctor
- Confirm your personal details. If any of the information is incorrect, please inform your online proctor
- Your online proctor will let you know when you are set to begin your exam!
Extension of the online exam voucher
Vouchers are issued with 12 months validity (with the exception of specific communications by iLEARN). Any extension of the exam vouchers will be charged with a fee imposed by PeopleCert. For further information on the extension of the online exam voucher, please click here.
Rescheduling of the online exam session
You can change date and time of the exam for free up to 48 hours before the date chosen. If you want to modify date and time from 48 to 4 hours before the exam, PeopleCert will apply a fee. For further information on the rescheduling of the online exam session, please click here.
We recommend you to read the following available documentation regarding the complete PEOPLECERT procedure:
For further information, do not hesitate to contact us via email [email protected] or 0044 2035295682 (UK number), 001 3155586909 (USA number).