The PEOPLECERT online exam system is called EXAM SHIELD and involves the presence of a human supervisor who checks online that the exam is been carried out correctly.
Before buying, you should check that you can meet the preliminary access requirements and carry out a compatibility test with your own computer. The HW and SW requirements are as follows:
- Windows® 10 (Windows 10S is not supported), Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, macOS Sierra (10.12), macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS Catalina (10.15) or macOS Big Sur (11)
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with at least 2GB of RAM;
- An internet connection with a speed not inferior to 4Mbps;
- A monitor (at least 15”) with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or more;
- Keyboard, mouse or equivalent;
- A webcam (built in or external) which can be rotated;
- Speakers and microphone (the use of headsets is only allowed during onboarding).
The use of virtualisation software such as VMware, Virtual PC or Sandbox, is not allowed during the exam.
Phase 1- Exam purchase
The exam can be purchased on this site. Upon successful completion, you will receive a voucher code via email that you will need to be able to take the exam (PeopleCert Code).
Phase 2- Registration on PEOPLECERT site and exam scheduling
The first step is to register for the exam at https://webcandidate.peoplecert.org/. If you do not have a PeopleCert account, you will need to create a new one. After that, log in to your web account. Click Register for an exam to register for your exam. Select Using Exam Voucher, enter your Voucher code and click the Submit botton. If additional data is required for the specific exam, you will be promped to complete the appropriate fields. Then yor exam data will appear: to complete your exam registration, click on the Submit button. An email confirming your exam registration and your exam details will be sent to you. These are also available in the My exams section of your Web Account.
You must book the exam at least 3 working days before you want to sit for the exam.
Phase 3 – Taking the exam
To be able to take the exam you must install the EXAM SHIELD software from the link that can be found in the email confirmation you received. The EXAM SHIELD application is also available through the Microsoft Store. This allows corporates to list ExamShield to their own Microsoft Private Store, thus allowing their users to install it also on employee computers. Candidates taking a PeopleCert Online Proctored Exam on their personal computers can either download the ExamShield application from the Microsoft Store or directly from their PeopleCert Account.
You should complete the installation up to 1 hour before the exam and at the same time deactivate any virtualisation software you may have.
Starting from March 1st, 2021, candidates can install the EXAM SHIELD software just once. The software can be used to take also other PeopleCert exams.
You should also check that
- You have a valid ID document with photo with you;
- You can rotate the webcam 360°;
- You haven't got other screens or webcams connected to your computer.
At least 10 minutes before you are due to start the exam, press the EXAM SHIELD "OK" button and wait for the arrival of the supervisor if he/she is not yet online.
A pop up message will notify you if any application needs to be closed to continue with the exam.
After that, an intuitive wizard will guide you towards connecting to your Proctor and starting your exam; you will have to:
- Check exam guidelines
- Scan your ID
- View exam tutorial
When your proctor will join the session, you will be instructed to:
- Check your audio and video performance
- Show your ID to the camera if needed
- Show your room (360 camera rotation) and your desk
- Share your screen with your online proctor
- Confirm your personal details. If any of the information is incorrect, please inform your online proctor
- Your online proctor will let you know when you are set to begin your exam!
Second exam attempt
PeopleCert offers Take2 - Exam Re-Sit option. Take2 option enables the candidate to add a second exam attempt to their exam voucher. Candidates can retake their exam within 6 months from their first attempt.
The option can be purchased only inside a "course with exam" or "only exam" package. The option cannot be sold separately.
Official digital manual included
Starting from 1st February 2022, PeopleCert voucher codes include the official manual in digital format for the related certification (excluding PeopleCert DevOps, COBIT® 5, ITIL® v3 Foundation, ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition and all PPM Practitioner levels voucher codes).
You can access the digital manual on PeopleCert portal once redeemed the voucher code. You can find the complete guide on how to obtain and use your AXELOS eBook included in the voucher at this link.
Use of the manual during open book exams
During open book exams the use of the official manual is permitted.
Digital format manual
You can use your eBook:
- Viewing your eBook on a second mobile device, such as smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- If the device you are using for taking the examination supports a modern viewing interface (i.e.. having the latest OS and supported Browser updates installed), you will be presented with a digital copy of the eBook for all open book exams. Otherwise, the exam interface will make available the pdf standard copy of the eBook.
You can use the paperback manual at these conditions:
- Paperback manuals may be annotated and tabulated
- No sticky notes and loose-leaf papers containing additional notes are allowed
- Your Proctor will ask you to open the book and flip through the pages in front of the camera to allow you to use it during the examination
PeopleCert official mock exams (exam simulators)
PeopleCert gives the possibility to simulate the real online exam experience in order to get a preview of the exam procedure and to test how the ExamShield software works and it features. For many people, this could be an opportunity to test their preparation and tackle the anxiety that the exam procedure may cause. At the moment, the official exam simulators are available for ITIL® 4 Foundation and PRINCE2® 6th edition Foundation certifications.
Extension of the online exam voucher
Vouchers are issued with 12 months validity (with the exception of specific communications by iLEARN). Any extension of the exam vouchers will be charged with a fee imposed by PeopleCert. For further information on the extension of the online exam voucher, please click here.
Rescheduling of the online exam session
You can change date and time of the exam for free up to 48 hours before the date chosen. If you want to modify date and time from 48 to 4 hours before the exam, PeopleCert will apply a fee. For further information on the rescheduling of the online exam session, please click here.
We recommend you to read the following available documentation regarding the complete PEOPLECERT procedure:
For further information, do not hesitate to contact us via email email@example.com or 0044 2035295682 (UK number), 001 3155586909 (USA number).