DevOps courses and certifications provided by iLEARN
Summary of Topics
Availability and prices of DevOps courses
DevOps online courses (e-learning) with exam
In this showcase you will find a selection of training courses and exams in the DevOps.
If you do not see a specific DevOps course or DevOps exam, please contact us.
DevOps online exams
In this showcase you will be able to purchase the DevOps exam vouchers only to take the online exams on PeopleCert portal, in complete autonomy, 24 hours a day.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
DevOps (a clipped compound of "development" and "operations") is a software development approach to work that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations (Ops). The goal of DevOps is to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering software releases frequently, in close alignment with business objectives in a faster, better, and cost-efficient way. The DevOps approach to work is based on three critical success factors: cultural shift, improvement of practices and processes, and leverage of automation technologies.
What are the benefits of DevOps?
DevOps pursues various objectives at the same time:
- Better IT alignment and business responsiveness
- Faster, smaller, more frequent releases
- Time to market
- Quality of code, products and services
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee satisfaction
- Less waste and fewer defects
- Lower long-term costs
As a consequence, applying DevOps cultural change, principles, practices and tooling allows to achieve several objectives:
- Responding to accelerated demand for quality software products and services
- Acknowledging the interdependence of IT functions
- Recognizing the need for cultural improvements
- Supporting and leveraging agile, lean and IT service management (ITSM) practices
- Encouraging the use of automation
DevOps certification training pathway
PeopleCert designed a suite of DevOps qualifications that reflects the market needs to close the skills gap that many organisations are facing and support the realisation of their business objectives, by improving communication, standardisation, collaboration and automation for the delivery of quality software products better, faster and at a lower cost.
To reflect the need for this growing approach to work, PeopleCert DevOps qualifications have been structured as follows:
Candidates gain practical guidance on how to deliver effective DevOps through 15 essential practices.
Candidates get guidance on how to lead the implementation of DevOps practices and how to achieve a cultural shift for better collaboration and communication.
Candidates will gain practical guidance on automation tools use and how these tools support DevOps culture and practices.
What to do to get DevOps certified
The recommended approach to prepare for the DevOps Fundamentals examination is following accredited official training courses that have been checked by Peoplecert that covers all the topics needed to know for the examinations at the correct level of depth.
iLEARN offers DevOps training courses in different ways:
- on pre-scheduled dates (traditional classroom training at iLEARN premises)
- in-house (traditional classroom training scheduled based on client needs and at customer's or iLEARN premises)
- Distant-learning (following a remote classroom by means of a webconference)
- E-learning (training provided through our online learning management system from anywhere and anytime)
- ONE-to-ONE: access to e-learning platform and interactive sessions via web-conference with the accredited teacher
The options currently available are listed at the top of this page and you can directly choose and purchase your preferred one from there.
Earn PDUs with DevOps qualifications
Our DevOps training courses can provide Professional Development Units (PDUs) through an auto-declaration procedure on PMI’s portal. Here below you can find more details about the PDUs allocation for each level of the DevOps certification:
- PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals: 16 PDUs
- PeopleCert DevOps Leadership: 16 PDUs
To learn more about the PDUs allocation according to the PMI Talent Triangle and to discover all of our online training courses and exam packages for each certification level, click on one of the links above.
Please note that, in order to auto-declare PDUs attending this course provided by iLEARN, the purchase of the attendance confirmation (attendance certificate) in electronic format (pdf) is mandatory. Select the option to add the attendance confirmation at the moment of purchase and proceed to checkout.
For more information about PDUs and how to claim them to maintain your PMI qualifications, please visit this page.
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access your e-learning training course from anywhere and at anytime you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!