ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management Courses
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management certification training courses and exams based on the ITIL practice for Information Security Management.
Summary of Topics
- What is the Information Security Management and what is an Information Security Manager?
- What is ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management training useful for?
- How to achieve the ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management certification?
- How to prepare for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management exam?
- Details about ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management course
What is the Information Security Management and what is an Information Security Manager?
Information Security Management (ISM) is a comprehensive approach to protecting an organization's information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and disruption. The primary goal of Information Security Management is to establish and maintain a secure environment that ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information. It involves the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and technical measures to safeguard information assets and manage risks effectively.
An Information Security Manager is an individual responsible for overseeing the Information Security Management function within an organization.
What is ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management training useful for?
This module offers expert guidance on implementing best practices for safeguarding the information essential for the organization's business operations. It encompasses the comprehension and control of risks associated with maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information. Additionally, the module addresses various facets of information security, such as authentication and non-repudiation. This practice serves as a foundational element supporting the strategies and operations of contemporary organizations, irrespective of the number of IT systems they employ in their business processes.
How to achieve the ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management certification?
The ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management certificate is obtained upon successfully passing the related certification exam.
To be eligible for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management exam, candidates must hold an ITIL 4 Foundation or an ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate. The related training is also mandatory to sit for the exam.
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management is one of the five practices included in ITIL 4 Collaborate, Assure and Improve batch, under the ITIL 4 Practice Manager stream. Once a candidate obtained the Information Security Management certificate along with the other four practice certificates, he/she will be awarded with the ITIL 4 Collaborate, Assure and Improve certification.
How to prepare for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management exam?
Candidates can prepare for the exams in different ways, thanks to iLEARN training packages.
iLEARN provides an ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management self-study course, including:
- The PeopleCert Official Training Material (OTM), a self-study manual including slides, notes, quizzes and sample papers
- The official PeopleCert eBook
- A PeopleCert exam voucher code valid 12 months
- Online asynchronous coaching with an accredited trainer*
- 2 hours of remote live coaching (optional)
* Asynchronous coaching with an accredited trainer is provided to support learners’ understanding of the Peoplecert Official Training Materials. Level of contact will vary in accordance with the candidate’s learning requirements. However, there is minimally one communication between the trainer and the learner to ensure that the learner understands how to navigate the course materials and agree to any plans for coaching interactions.
Candidates may decide to add the remote coaching hours with our accredited trainers to better prepare for the final certification exam.
Otherwise, candidates can attend an ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management training in a virtual classroom or in classroom on scheduled dates or in-house.
If you want to achieve all the five ITIL 4 Collaborate, Assure and Improve practices certification, iLEARN makes available also the ITIL 4 Specialist: Collaborate, Assure and Improve Combined self-study package, covering the 5 ITIL 4 Practitioner courses and exams included in the batch.
The options available are listed at the top of this page and you can directly choose and purchase your preferred one from there.
Details about ITIL 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management course
- Collaborate with other ITIL Practices to guarantee that an organization's products and services adhere to the necessary information security standards for all stakeholders involved.
- Safeguard the crucial technology and data assets vital to the organization's operations, preventing potential repercussions on reputation and finances.
- Shield the organization, its employees, and customers from cybercrime. Present a comprehensive overview of information security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate, appraise, and enhance the Information Security Management practice capability within the organization using the ITIL Maturity Model.
Who it is aimed at
- Process owners, managers, and coordinators
- Practice owners, managers, coordinators, and staff
- Enterprise architects
- IT service Managers
- IT product Managers
- IT practice leaders
- IT operations leaders
- IT procurement staff
- IT support staff
- IT field engineers
- Any of these roles applied in ESM (non-IT) contexts
- Digital, IT, and Application design and development teams
- Service integration managers and teams
- Key concepts of the practice
- Processes of the practice
- Roles and competencies of the practice
- How information and technology enable the practice
- Role of partners and suppliers in the practice
- How the ITIL capability model can be used to develop the practice
- How the guiding principles support the practice
In order to access ITIL 4 Information Security Management exam, candidates must hold an ITIL 4 Foundation certificate or an ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate.
Furthermore, candidates must have taken the related accredited training course.
By ordering our ITIL 4 Practitioner self-study packages you will be eligible to take the related final certification exam, covering all the requisites imposed by PeopleCert.
- Self-study course duration: 12 months available to download the self-study material
- Classroom/virtual course duration: 1 day
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access youre-learning course from anywhere and at any time you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!
Our e-learning platform is optimized for access via web browsers, including mobile!
Material course language
ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Information Security Management official certificate
This certification is subject to the PeopleCert Continuing Development Programme.
Find out how and when to renew your certification.
- Duration of 30 minutes (25% extra time for candidates taking the exam in a language other than their native language)
- Closed book
- 20 multiple choice questions
- 1 mark for each correct answer
- Passing score: 13/20 marks - 65%