Scrum Master Certified Courses
Scrum Master Certified certification training courses and exams available in several languages and provided by iLEARN
Summary of Topics
- Availability and prices of Scrum Master Certified courses
- What is a Scrum Master?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Scrum Master?
- How to become a Scrum Master?
- Which Scrum Master certification?
- iLEARN Scrum Master courses and exams offer
- Get Scrum Master certified and earn PMI® PDUs
- Details about iLEARN Scrum Master courses
Availability and prices of Scrum Master Certified courses
Scrum Master Certified online courses (e-learning) with exam
In this showcase you will find a selection of training courses and exams concerning Scrum Master Certified learning area and ScrumLearn® Scrum Master Certified certifications.
If you do not see a specific Scrum Master Certified course or Scrum Master Certified exam, please contact us.
Scrum Master Certified online certification exam
In this showcase you will be able to purchase ScrumLearn® Scrum Master Certified exam vouchers only to take the online exam with iLEARN Examinations, in complete autonomy.
ScrumLearn® Scrum Master Certified distance - live virtual courses calendar
In this showcase you will find the next available dates for ScrumLearn® Scrum Master Certified courses (live virtual sessions) with online certification exam. These courses are provided via web-conference in real time by our accredited trainers. Scrum Master Certified certification exam will be taken online with iLEARN Examinations.
What is a Scrum Master?
The Scrum Master is one of the defined roles in a Scrum team. In turn, we remember that the Scrum team is a small group of resources that uses the Scrum framework typically to develop a product (often but not necessarily a sw product).
The role of Scrum Master is assigned to a member of the team who operates as a coach and facilitator for all the other members of one or more Scrum teams involved in the realization of products or other specific outputs required by projects or Business as Usual.
Accordingly, the role of the Scrum Master is not actually building the product or deliverable, but it helps the team to successful achieve its goals and effectively apply the Scrum framework. The Scrum Master is an expert of the subject with theoretical and practical knowledge of Scrum implementation acting as a facilitator and coach.
Watch the following video to learn more about the typical responsibilities of a Scrum Master.
What are the benefits of becoming a Scrum Master?
Glassdoor report, as of January 2022, declares that a Scrum Master earns little less than 100.000 USD a year in the United States. It is possible to find more than one hundred thousand job researches for this role in LinkedIn.
This is because Scrum has proven to be very effective in many organizations and accordingly has become very popular. As a consequence, being able to act properly in a Scrum team is an appreciated capability. So, even if you are not looking for a new company or job, Scrum knowledge can still be of interest for you.
How to become a Scrum Master?
To become and act as a successful Scrum Master, it requires some key ingredients:
- theoretical and practical knowledge on how to use and apply the Scrum framework
- soft skills supporting the coaching and facilitating task
- knowledge of the context
- practical experience
It is possible to test and prove your prior knowledge in Scrum and Agile field by taking the fundamental Scrum Awareness Certified test for free. By obtaining the Scrum Awareness certification, the candidate will obtain the basic certificate and digital badge.
Theoretical knowledge required by a Scrum Master
The theoretical knowledge can be acquired by taking a Scum Master course and, specifically, iLEARN courses are designed to this aim. The related certification exam demonstrates the achievement of the required theoretical knowledge.
Soft skills required by a Scrum Master
Some typical required skills are problem-solving, adaptability, motivational and communication skills. They are embedded in all of us at some level, but they can be practiced and improved. The best approach is combining education and practice.
Knowledge of the context required by a Scrum Master
The context is the environment where the Scrum team operates, and this is typically an organization. The knowledge is acquired by working in the context or being guided.
Practical experience required by a Scrum Master
Typically, a Scrum Master has previously been acting in some Scrum teams as a developer and has gained experience in the dynamics and application of Scrum values, principles, artifacts and events. Afterwards, the aspirant Scrum Master will have been playing the role coached by more experienced senior Scrum Masters in the organization.
Which Scrum Master certification?
There are several industry credentials for the role of Scrum Master in the market. iLEARN developed its own one that is based on the Scrum Guide, the most popular body of knowledge for Scrum Framework.
Here below are some good reasons to choose iLEARN for Scrum Master courses and exams:
- We are a strong international training company, very popular for e-Learning training
- We provide courses in four languages
- We provide online courses with flexible access durations
- Our customer service team is loved by our customers - we give immediate support in English, French, Spanish and Italian
- The Scrum course include a free practice laboratory based on a state-of-the-art Scrum tool
- Students can choose to add coaching hours to theoretical training
- Our accredited trainers are always available to provide support and tutoring to students
iLEARN Scrum Master courses and exams offer
iLEARN Scrum Master courses overview
Scrum Master Certified course provides candidates with the necessary knowledge for the Scrum implementation in Business as Usual and agile projects or activities. Moreover, the course prepares the participants for Scrum Master Certified exam (also known as Certified Scrum Master - CSM) to obtain the corresponding Scrum Master certification. This training is available both in online (e-learning/self-paced) modality or in live virtual or classroom option provided by expert accredited Scrum trainers.
Scrum Master course delivery options
Currently iLEARN provides Scrum Master training, exams and certifications in the following delivery options:
- Scrum Master training in E-learning / self-paced learning: training provided through our online learning management system from anywhere and anytime
- ONE-to-ONE Scrum Master courses: access to e-learning platform and interactive Scrum Master sessions via web-conference with the accredited trainer
- Distant/remote Scrum Master learning: following a remote classroom by means of a web conference
- Classic Scrum Master training
- On pre-scheduled dates: traditional Scrum classroom training at iLEARN premises
- in-house: traditional Scrum classroom training scheduled based on client needs and at customer’s or iLEARN premises.
Add coaching to your Scrum Master course for quicker results
By purchasing any Scrum course, you have the possibility to add coaching sessions with one of our expert trainers, at a very special price. This allows to apply the Scrum framework to your working environment quicker.
Sessions are held using an advanced software solution for Scrum management, EasyBoards®, that you will be free to use for 12 months after the end of the coaching sessions. The use of the tool allows to put into practice the concepts learned during the training course acquired.
Here below you can find some examples of what you will experiment during the coaching sessions:
- Build a roadmap
- Prepare the story map of a product, refine the user stories starting from epics until they are ready for development
- Estimate the user stories using Planning Poker
- Create a Scrum board for the Sprint management
- Do a Sprint Planning
- Do a Daily Scrum
- Create and read a Burndown Chart
- Evaluate the Sprint progress
- Manage priorities and quality
- Manage the impediments
- Limit the Work in Progress
- Manage the commitments in Sprint Retrospective
The above topics will be addressed flexibly, according to the needs of the participant
GET FREE ACCESS TO EASYBOARDS® - THE OFFICIAL ENTERPRISE SCRUM TEAM SOFTWARE TOOL
By purchasing any ScrumLearn® Scrum training course, you will get 1-year free access to EasyBoards®, one of the best enterprise scrum team management software tools integrated in our training offer for free. This EasyBoards® free license will allow you to practice and simulate real project scenarios while you are preparing for ScrumLearn® Scrum certification exams
Scrum Master digital credentials
By passing the final certification exam, the candidate will receive the following free Digital Badge that certifies the knowledge acquired.
Learn more about iLEARN Digital Badges.
Not sure if Scrum suits your needs? Read this article!
Here below you can read the course sheet with all the information of Scrum Master Certified (SMC) course.
Get Scrum Master certified and earn PMI® PDUs
Our ScrumLearn® Scrum Master Certified training course can provide 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs). Here below you can find more details about the PDUs allocation:
- Technical : 14
- Leadership : 2
- Strategic : 0
Please note that, in order to auto-declare PDUs attending this course provided by iLEARN, the purchase of the attendance confirmation (attendance certificate) in electronic format (pdf) is mandatory. Select the option to add the attendance confirmation at the moment of purchase and proceed to checkout.
Details about iLEARN Scrum Master courses
The aim of the course is to provide candidates with the necessary knowledge to operate as Scrum Master in Business as Usual projects or activities conducted with the Scrum methodology. The acquisition of this knowledge is a necessary condition but not enough in order to operate effectively as a Scrum Master. Gaining experiences of participation in Scrum and Agile initiatives in different roles, the knowledge of facilitation and coaching techniques (that are not explained specifically in the course) and the knowledge of context in which the Scrum initiatives are accomplished represent elements equally essential for playing the Scrum master role with effectiveness and success.
Who it is aimed at
This Scrum Master course is aimed at anyone who wants to become and operate in a Scrum Master role in an Agile project or Business as Usual project where the Scrum methodology is used.
- Introduction to Agile concept
- What is Agile
- The Agile Manifesto
- The 12 Agile principles
- Agile team Practice
- The Kanban
- The Build-Measure-Learn loop
- Introduction to Scrum
- What is Scrum
- Why using Scrum
- Scrum Genesis
- Relationship between Scrum and Agile
- The Scrum theory
- The Scrum pillars
- The Scrum values
- The Scrum teams
- The Scrum artifacts
- The Scrum events
- The Scrum applicaton
- Scrum advantages and benefits
- Roles in Scrum
- The Scrum team
- The Product Owner
- The Development team
- The Scrum Master
- The artifact
- Introduction to Artifact
- The Product Backlog
- The Sprint Backlog
- The Increment
- The Events
- Introduction to Scrum Events
- The Sprint
- The Sprint planning
- The Daily Scrum
- The Sprint Review
- The Sprint Retrospective
- Instruments and complementary Scrum techniques
- The User Story and the Story Mapping planning
- The Scrumboard
- The progress monitoring
- The team Velocity
- The Story Point and the Agile estimation
- Scrum adoption, use and scalability
- The Scrum adoption
- The use of Scrum in practice
- How to scale Scrum
Attending our Scrum Master training course (Scrum Master Certified) in any of our delivery options you will also get:
- Scrum Master training material accredited by iLEARN
- Official Scrum Master Certified sample papers
- Scrum Master Certified accredited trainers support
No formal prerequisite is requested in order to access to the ScrumLearn Scrum Master Certified (SMC) course. The fact of gaining experiences of participation of Scrum initiatives in different roles is the element that can maximize the course effectiveness. To be able to take the exam, it is required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the Scrum exam.
- Scrum Master Certified Classroom/distant live course duration: 2 days
- Scrum Master online course (e-learning/self paced delivery option) durations:
- 30 days access to the platform
- 1 year access to the platform
PMI PDU: 16
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access your Scrum Master e-learning course from anywhere and at anytime you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!
Our e-learning platform is optimized for access via web browsers, including mobile!
Material course language
ScrumLearn® Scrum Master Certified official certificate
- Duration of 1 hour
- 60 multiple choice questions
- Passing score: 39/60 marks - 65%
- 1 mark for each correct answer
- Closed book