ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management Courses
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management certification training courses and exams based on the ITIL practice for Service Level Management.
Summary of Topics
- What is the Service Level Management and what is a Service Level Manager?
- What is ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management training useful for?
- How to achieve the ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management certification?
- How to prepare for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management exam?
- Details about ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management course
What is the Service Level Management and what is a Service Level Manager?
Service Level Management (SLM) is a key process in IT Service Management (ITSM) that focuses on defining, negotiating, and managing the service levels agreed upon between a service provider and its customers. The goal of Service Level Management is to ensure that the IT services provided meet the needs and expectations of the customers in terms of quality, availability, and performance.
A Service Level Manager oversees the Service Level Management process, participating in SLA negotiation, ensuring compliance with agreed service levels, and collaborating with other teams to address service issues and improvements. This role demands a strong grasp of IT services' technical aspects, coupled with an understanding of business requirements and customer expectations. Effective communication and negotiation skills are essential for success in Service Level Management.
What is ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management training useful for?
The ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management training is beneficial for individuals and organizations aiming to improve proficiency in managing service levels within ITSM. It enhances skills in creating effective SLAs, aligning IT services with business goals, fostering effective communication and collaboration, and contributing to continuous service improvement.
How to achieve the ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management certification?
The ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management certificate is obtained upon successfully passing the related certification exam.
To be eligible for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management exam, candidates must hold an ITIL 4 Foundation or an ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate. The related training is also mandatory to sit for the exam.
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management is one of the five practices included in ITIL 4 Collaborate, Assure and Improve batch, under the ITIL 4 Practice Manager stream. Once a candidate obtained the Service Level Management certificate along with the other four practice certificates, he/she will be awarded with the ITIL 4 Collaborate, Assure and Improve certification.
How to prepare for ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management exam?
Candidates can prepare for the exams in different ways, thanks to iLEARN training packages.
iLEARN provides an ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management self-study course, including:
- The PeopleCert Official Training Material (OTM), a self-study manual including slides, notes, quizzes and sample papers
- The official PeopleCert eBook
- A PeopleCert exam voucher code valid 12 months
- Online asynchronous coaching with an accredited trainer*
- 2 hours of remote live coaching (optional)
* Asynchronous coaching with an accredited trainer is provided to support learners’ understanding of the Peoplecert Official Training Materials. Level of contact will vary in accordance with the candidate’s learning requirements. However, there is minimally one communication between the trainer and the learner to ensure that the learner understands how to navigate the course materials and agree to any plans for coaching interactions.
Candidates may decide to add the remote coaching hours with our accredited trainers to better prepare for the final certification exam.
Otherwise, candidates can attend an ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management training in a virtual classroom or in classroom on scheduled dates or in-house.
If you want to achieve all the five ITIL 4 Collaborate, Assure and Improve practices certification, iLEARN makes available also the ITIL 4 Specialist: Collaborate, Assure and Improve Combined self-study package, covering the 5 ITIL 4 Practitioner courses and exams included in the batch.
The options available are listed at the top of this page and you can directly choose and purchase your preferred one from there.
Details about ITIL 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management course
- Establish and maintain a mutual understanding of service quality between the service provider and consumer, catering to the needs of key stakeholders on both ends.
- Monitor and assess the real-time service quality while striving for continual improvement in services and agreements.
- Convert stakeholder expectations and requirements into measurable metrics, and efficiently organize and allocate resources accordingly.
- Oversee the consistent delivery and enhancement of services through a comprehensive agreement, such as the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Gauge, evaluate, and advance the organizational capability of the Service Level Management practice by employing the ITIL Maturity Model.
Who it is aimed at
- Process owners, managers, and coordinators
- Practice owners, managers, coordinators, and staff
- Enterprise architects
- IT service Managers
- IT product Managers
- IT practice leaders
- IT operations leaders
- IT procurement staff
- IT support staff
- IT field engineers
- Any of these roles applied in ESM (non-IT) contexts
- Digital, IT, and Application design and development teams
- Service integration managers and teams
- Key concepts of the practice
- Processes of the practice
- Roles and competencies of the practice
- How information and technology enable the practice
- Role of partners and suppliers in the practice
- How the ITIL capability model can be used to develop the practice
- How the guiding principles support the practice
In order to access ITIL 4 Service Level Management exam, candidates must hold an ITIL 4 Foundation certificate or an ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate.
Furthermore, candidates must have taken the related accredited training course.
By ordering our ITIL 4 Practitioner self-study packages you will be eligible to take the related final certification exam, covering all the requisites imposed by PeopleCert.
- Self-study course duration: 12 months available to download the self-study material
- Classroom/virtual course duration: 1 day
Thanks to the new App "iLEARN LMS", you can access youre-learning course from anywhere and at any time you want on your mobile devices. Download it now!
Our e-learning platform is optimized for access via web browsers, including mobile!
Material course language
ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Level Management official certificate
This certification is subject to the PeopleCert Continuing Development Programme.
Find out how and when to renew your certification.
- Duration of 30 minutes (25% extra time for candidates taking the exam in a language other than their native language)
- Closed book
- 20 multiple choice questions
- 1 mark for each correct answer
- Passing score: 13/20 marks - 65%