EXIN Privacy and Data Protection
Information about consumers is valuable for organizations. Data is collected and stored, enabled by new technologies. This explosion of data presents specific security challenges where personal data is concerned. Organizations can benefit by respecting their clients’ privacy: attract new clients because your company is known for respecting their privacy. They will be happy to leave their personal data in your care.
Within the European Union regulations and standards regarding the protection of data are stringent. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into force in May 2016 and organizations had until May 2018 to change their policies and processes to ensure they fully comply. Companies outside Europe will also need to comply when doing business in Europe. One of the solutions to comply in time is to qualify staff. Having certified professionals with the right level of knowledge can help prepare your organization to face these opportunities. The EXIN Privacy & Data Protection program covers the required knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to data protection and how this knowledge should be used to be compliant.
BENEFITS OF PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
All personnel in an organization dealing with customer data will need to be aware of their responsibility in safeguarding personal data. Specifically the Data Protection Officer, Privacy Officers, Compliance Officers, Security Officers and the Business Continuity Manager will benefit from this certification. Privacy and Data Protection certifications benefits are:
- Vendor neutral
- Aligned with new legislation
- Offer a career path of two levels
- Expand your portfolio with a subject in high demand, relevant for many types of organizations
- Enable your clients to properly handle Privacy & Data Protection
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION CERTIFICATION PATHWAY
Privacy and Data Protection certification pathway is composed by three levels:
Privacy and Data Protection Essentials
EXIN Privacy & Data Protection Essentials has been created specifically to test candidates on their basic understanding of data protection in the context of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including the definitions, the requirements to process data and the rights of data subjects.
Privacy and Data Protection Foundation
EXIN Privacy & Data Protection Foundation covers the main subjects related to the protection of personal data.
Privacy and Data Protection Practitioner
EXIN Privacy and Data Protection Practitioner is an advanced-level certification that validates a professional’s knowledge and understanding of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
iLEARN will offer Privacy and Data Protection courses in the following ways:
- on pre-scheduled dates (traditional classroom training at iLEARN premises)
- in-house (traditional classroom training scheduled based on client needs and at customer's or iLEARN premises)
- Distant-learning (following a remote classroom by means of a webconference)
- E-learning (training provided through our online learning management system from anywhere and anytime)
- ONE-to-ONE: access to e-learning platform and interactive sessions via web-conference with the accredited teacher