Every new year brings news and changes, and next year will be no less, in particular for PeopleCert certifications.
PeopleCert certifications will have to be renewed
PeopleCert has recently announced that all its Global Best Practice certifications (also Foundation levels), including the most popular ones such as ITIL and PRINCE2, will have to be renewed.
The measure will be applied retroactively!
When do you have to renew your certification?
If you have one or more Global Best Practice (AXELOS) certifications, you will need to renew within three years of your original certification dates. This means:
- If certified before 30 June 2020: you will have until 1 July 2023 to renew your certification, regardless of the original award date.
- If certified after June 2020: you will have to renew you certification(s) within 3 years of the original award date.
Log into your PeopleCert account to view your certifications status and your renew-by date.
What can you do to renew and maintain your PeopleCert certificate?
From 15th January 2023, this can be done in several ways.
- Retake the exam of the certification you want to renew before the renewal date OR
- Take another PeopleCert course and exam and achieve a new certification. You have to take the new training course and the corresponding certification exam within the validity period of the certificate you want to renew.
Attention: in order to renew your certification using this option, the new certification exam has to belong to the same product suite (knowledge area) of the expiring one. For example: you cannot renew an ITIL® 4 Foundation certification by achieving a PRINCE2® certification.
From March 2023, a third renewal path will be available to candidates:
- Maintain a certification through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points. Collect and log CPD points to renew your certificate. More details about specific procedures are yet to come. Read more information about the CPD program.
What happens if you do not renew your certificate?
If you do not renew you will still be included on the Successful Candidates Register (SCR) and the Candidate Verification Service, but a note will be added to your record to indicate that your certification needs to be renewed to align with current certification requirements.
Don’t get caught unprepared and renew your certification with iLEARN before its expiration date!
Contact us to receive a special offer for your certification renewal!
Follow us on our website and social networks to keep up with the latest news.
Read more information about renewing PeopleCert certificates.