CompTIA PenTest+ Courses
CompTIA PenTest+ training courses, labs and certification exams
Summary of Topics
Availability and prices of CompTIA PenTest+ courses
CompTIA PenTest+ online courses (e-learning)
In this showcase you will find a selection of online training courses concerning CompTIA PenTest+ certification.
If you do not see a specific CompTIA PenTest+ course, CompTIA PenTest+ exam or a specific exam version, please contact us.
CompTIA PenTest+ online exam
In this showcase you will be able to purchase CompTIA PenTest+ exam voucher only to take the online exam through Pearson VUE, in test centers or in online modality.
What is CompTIA PenTest+?
CompTIA PenTest+ is a CompTIA cybersecurity certification, for cybersecurity professionals responsible for penetration testing and vulnerability management.
Why CompTIA PenTest+?
- CompTIA PenTest+ is the most comprehensive exam covering all phases of penetration testing. Unlike other penetration testing exams that cover only some of the stages with essay questions and practice exercises, PenTest+ uses performance-based and knowledge-based questions to ensure all stages are covered.
- PenTest+ is the only exam on the market that covers all aspects of vulnerability management. It includes not only hands-on vulnerability assessment, scanning, and analysis, but also planning, delineating, and managing vulnerabilities, not just exploiting them.
- PenTest+ is the latest penetration testing exam covering the latest techniques for advanced attack vectors. This is a unique exam that requires candidates to demonstrate penetration testing skills most relevant to cloud, hybrid environments, web applications, Internet of Things (IoT).
What is CompTIA PenTest+ useful for?
CompTIA PenTest+ demonstrates that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to plan and capture penetration testing activities, including vulnerability scanning, understanding legal and compliance requirements, analyzing results, and providing written reports that include corrective techniques.
How can I study for CompTIA Security+ exam?
iLEARN provides a selection of training options and exam material to prepare for CompTIA PenTest+ exam:
- E-Learning (self-paced): training provided through an online learning management system from anywhere and anytime
- Virtual Labs: virtual laboratory environments designed to address practical and performance-based aspects of th exam preparation
- Practice Tests (mock exam): an adaptable and realistic practice test experience that works well as a follow-up to other training as it really diagnoses the knowledge gaps and then trains in the areas of weakness
What is the latest CompTIA PenTest+ version?
The latest version of CompTIA PenTest+ certification available at the moment is CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002, released in October 2021.
CompTIA PenTest+ certification renewal
CompTIA PenTest+ certificate expires three years from the date a candidate earned it and it must be renewed before its expiration date, through the CompTIA Continuing Education (CE) Program. In order to renew the certificate, candidate must:
- Complete a CertMaster CE (online self-paced CE course) OR
- Collect at least 60 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Details about CompTIA PenTest+ course
After taking CompTIA PenTest+ course and exam, candidates will learn how to:
- Penetration testing project planning and scope
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Conduct vulnerability scans and penetration tests using appropriate tools and techniques, then analyze the results
- Effectively generate written reports using suggested remediation techniques
Who it is aimed at
- Security analyst (Tier II SOC analyst and Security monitoring)
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Security engineer
- Application security analyst
- Incident response or handler
- Compliance analyst
- Threat hunter
- Planning and scoping - including emphasis on governance, risk and compliance concepts, scoping and updated techniques required by the organization/client and demonstrating ethical hacking thinking.
- Intelligence Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning - Includes updated capabilities for vulnerability scanning and passive/active reconnaissance, vulnerability management, and analysis of reconnaissance exercise results.
- Attacks and Exploits – Includes updated methodologies for advanced attack surfaces, research into social engineering techniques, execution of cyber-attacks, wireless attacks, application-based attacks and attacks on cloud technologies, and post-execution exploitation techniques.
- Reporting and Communication - Enhances the importance of focusing on reporting and communication during penetration testing in an increased regulatory environment by analyzing the results and recommending appropriate remedial actions in the report.
- Tools and Code Analysis - Provides updated concepts for identifying scripts in different software deployments, analyzing scripts or code samples, and explaining use cases for different tools used during the penetration testing phase. It is important to note that no scripting or coding is required.
In order to access CompTIA PenTest+ course and exam, candidates are recommended to have:
- Network+, Security+ certificate or equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
- Online course duration: 12 months access
Material course language
CompTIA PenTest+ official certificate
- Exam code: PT0-002
- Duration of 165 minutes
- Performance-based and Multiple-Choice questions
- Maximum of 85 questions
- Passing score 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Testing provider: Person Vue (Testing Center or Online Testing). For more information about exams with Pearson Vue please visit this page.