CompTIA Security+ Courses
CompTIA Security+ training courses, labs and certification exams
Summary of Topics
Availability and prices of CompTIA Security+ courses
CompTIA Security+ online courses (e-learning)
In this showcase you will find a selection of online training courses and self-study material (eBook) concerning CompTIA Security+ certification.
If you do not see a specific CompTIA Security+ course, CompTIA Security+ exam or a specific exam version, please contact us.
CompTIA Security+ Virtual Labs and Practice Test
In this showcase you will be able to purchase a selection of official CompTIA Security+ exam preparation material and tools.
To better prepare for the final certification exam, you can purchase the CompTIA Security+ Virtual Labs and the official Practice Test to simulate the real exam experience.
CompTIA Security+ online exam
In this showcase you will be able to purchase CompTIA Security+ exam voucher only to take the online exam through Pearson VUE, in test centers or in online modality.
for CompTIA Security+ courses and exams
What is CompTIA Security+?
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized certification that verifies basic vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. It's a trusted credential to start and grow a career in IT and cybersecurity.
Why CompTIA Security+?
There are several reasons to choose CompTIA Security+ certification:
- CompTIA Security+ is the most chosen certification than any other by corporations and defense to validate essential security skills and meet DoD 8570 compliance.
- CompTIA Security+ is the only core cybersecurity certification that emphasized practical skills and ensures that security professionals are better prepared to tackle today’s broader complex problems.
- More job roles turn to CompTIA Security+ to supplement basic cybersecurity skills to protect systems, software and hardware
- CompTIA Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and technologies and covers key technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networking, hybrid/cloud operations and security controls to ensure high performance on the job.
Calculate your potential salary with CompTIA Security+ certification with the salary calculator.
What is CompTIA Security+ useful for?
CompTIA Security+ is recommended as the first security certification to earn. It covers the core knowledge for necessary for any cybersecurity role and provides a steppingstone to mid-level cybersecurity jobs. CompTIA Security+ incorporates best practices in practical troubleshooting and ensures candidates gained the security problem-solving skills to:
- Assess the security posture of the organization's environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Understand applicable laws and regulations, including governance, risk and compliance principles
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Discover if CompTIA Security+ certification is the right choice for your career path.
How can I study for CompTIA Security+ exam?
iLEARN provides a selection of training options and exam material to prepare for CompTIA Security+ exam:
- E-Learning (self-paced): training provided through an online learning management system from anywhere and anytime
- Self-study material: electronic material (eBook - CompTIA Study Guide) to be studied autonomously
- Virtual Labs: virtual laboratory environments designed to address practical and performance-based aspects of th exam preparation
- Practice Tests (mock exam): an adaptable and realistic practice test experience that works well as a follow-up to other training as it really diagnoses the knowledge gaps and then trains in the areas of weakness
Read this CompTIA article to get some tips on how to handle the exam preparation journey.
What is the latest CompTIA Security+ version?
The latest version of CompTIA Security+ certification is CompTIA Security+ SY0-601.
Updates to CompTIA Security+ reflect skills relevant to cybersecurity job roles and prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing the next attack. To combat these emerging threats, IT professionals must be able to:
- Help identify attacks and vulnerabilities and mitigate them before they penetrate IS
- Understand secure virtualization, secure application deployment, and automation concepts
- Identify and implement the best protocols and encryption
- Understand the importance of compliance
CompTIA Security+ certification renewal
CompTIA Security+ certificate expires three years from the date a candidate earned it and it must be renewed before its expiration date, through the CompTIA Continuing Education (CE) Program. In order to renew the certificate, candidate must:
- Complete a CertMaster CE (online self-paced CE course) OR
- Collect at least 50 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Learn more about the CompTIA Continuing Education Program.