CompTIA Security+ Courses
CompTIA Security+ training courses, labs and certification exams
Summary of Topics
Availability and prices of CompTIA Security+ courses
CompTIA Security+ online courses (e-learning)
In this showcase you will find a selection of online training courses and self-study material (eBook) concerning CompTIA Security+ certification.
If you do not see a specific CompTIA Security+ course, CompTIA Security+ exam or a specific exam version, please contact us.
CompTIA Security+ Virtual Labs and Practice Test
In this showcase you will be able to purchase a selection of official CompTIA Security+ exam preparation material and tools.
To better prepare for the final certification exam, you can purchase the CompTIA Security+ Virtual Labs and the official Practice Test to simulate the real exam experience.
CompTIA Security+ online exam
In this showcase you will be able to purchase CompTIA Security+ exam voucher only to take the online exam through Pearson VUE, in test centers or in online modality.
What is CompTIA Security+?
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized certification that verifies basic vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. It's a trusted credential to start and grow a career in IT and cybersecurity.
Why CompTIA Security+?
There are several reasons to choose CompTIA Security+ certification:
- CompTIA Security+ is the most chosen certification than any other by corporations and defense to validate essential security skills and meet DoD 8570 compliance.
- CompTIA Security+ is the only core cybersecurity certification that emphasized practical skills and ensures that security professionals are better prepared to tackle today’s broader complex problems.
- More job roles turn to CompTIA Security+ to supplement basic cybersecurity skills to protect systems, software and hardware
- CompTIA Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and technologies and covers key technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networking, hybrid/cloud operations and security controls to ensure high performance on the job.
What is CompTIA Security+ useful for?
CompTIA Security+ is recommended as the first security certification to earn. It covers the core knowledge for necessary for any cybersecurity role and provides a steppingstone to mid-level cybersecurity jobs. CompTIA Security+ incorporates best practices in practical troubleshooting and ensures candidates gained the security problem-solving skills to:
- Assess the security posture of the organization's environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Understand applicable laws and regulations, including governance, risk and compliance principles
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
How can I study for CompTIA Security+ exam?
iLEARN provides a selection of training options and exam material to prepare for CompTIA Security+ exam:
- E-Learning (self-paced): training provided through an online learning management system from anywhere and anytime
- Self-study material: electronic material (eBook - CompTIA Study Guide) to be studied autonomously
- Virtual Labs: virtual laboratory environments designed to address practical and performance-based aspects of th exam preparation
- Practice Tests (mock exam): an adaptable and realistic practice test experience that works well as a follow-up to other training as it really diagnoses the knowledge gaps and then trains in the areas of weakness
What is the latest CompTIA Security+ version?
The latest version of CompTIA Security+ certification is CompTIA Security+ SY0-601.
Updates to CompTIA Security+ reflect skills relevant to cybersecurity job roles and prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing the next attack. To combat these emerging threats, IT professionals must be able to:
- Help identify attacks and vulnerabilities and mitigate them before they penetrate IS
- Understand secure virtualization, secure application deployment, and automation concepts
- Identify and implement the best protocols and encryption
- Understand the importance of compliance
CompTIA Security+ certification renewal
CompTIA Security+ certificate expires three years from the date a candidate earned it and it must be renewed before its expiration date, through the CompTIA Continuing Education (CE) Program. In order to renew the certificate, candidate must:
- Complete a CertMaster CE (online self-paced CE course) OR
- Collect at least 50 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)