CompTIA Security+ Virtual Lab provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning
iLEARN provides different training solutions and resources to help and support candidates to prepare for and pass CompTIA Security+ certification exam. In this page, you will be able to purchase the CompTIA Security+ virtual lab as a standalone product.
If you are interested in purchasing the entire e-learning course and/or the exam voucher, visit our CompTIA Security+ page.
Below you can find all the details of the official CompTIA Network+ virtual lab.
The virtual lab prepares for CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 certification.
Details of CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 Virtual Lab
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Security+ SY0-601 provides hands-on practice and skill development with access to real-world equipment and software through a browser-based remote lab environment. Aligned with official CompTIA courseware and CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam objectives, CertMaster Labs allow learners to easily practice and apply their skills in real-world workplace scenarios in preparation for certification exams. All lab activities include gradeable assessments, provide feedback and prompts, and provide grades based on learner input, ultimately guiding you on the correct and most efficient path through your assignment.
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Security+ SY0-601 is available for 12 months and is composed by 30 hours of browser-based virtual labs carried out on real equipment.
There are two types of labs in this pack:
- 28 Assisted Labs guide learners through tasks step-by-step and provide assessment and feedback in 10-15 minute experiences, allowing learners to correct any misunderstandings as the activity progresses.
- 5 Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios covering multiple topics in a 20-30 minute experience, and students are graded at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to solve problems without prescribed steps.
Access duration of the course1 year
Who it is aimed at
- Security Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Helpdesk Manager / Analyst
- Network / Cloud Engineer
- Security Engineer / Analyst
- DevOps / Software Developer
- IT Auditors
- IT Project Manager
Assisted Labs included:
- Exploring the Lab Environment
- Scanning and Identifying Network Nodes
- Intercepting and Interpreting Network Traffic with Packet Sniffing Tools
- Analyzing the Results of a Credentialed Vulnerability Scan
- Installing, Using, and Blocking a Malware-based Backdoor
- Managing the Lifecycle of a Certificate
- Managing Certificates with OpenSSL
- Auditing Passwords with a Password Cracking Utility
- Managing Centralized Authentication
- Managing Access Controls in Windows Server
- Configuring a System for Auditing Policies
- Managing Access Controls in Linux
- Implementing a Secure Network Design
- Configuring a Firewall
- Configuring an Intrusion Detection System
- Implementing Secure Network Addressing Services
- Implementing a Virtual Private Network
- Implementing a Secure SSH Server
- Implementing Endpoint Protection
- Identifying Application Attack Indicators
- Identifying a Browser Attack
- Implementing PowerShell Security
- Identifying Malicious Code
- Managing Data Sources for Incident Response
- Configuring Mitigation Controls
- Acquiring Digital Forensics Evidence
- Backing Up and Restoring Data in Windows and Linux
Applied Labs included:
- Performing Network Reconnaissance and Vulnerability Scanning
- Configuring Identity and Access Management Controls
- Securing the Network Infrastructure
- Identifying Application Attacks
- Managing Incident Response, Mitigation and Recover