CompTIA Server+ Courses
CompTIA Server+ training courses, labs and certification exams
Summary of Topics
Availability and prices of CompTIA Server+ courses
CompTIA Server+ online courses (e-learning)
In this showcase you will find a selection of online training courses concerning CompTIA Server+ certification.
If you do not see a specific CompTIA Server+ course, CompTIA Server+ exam or a specific exam version, please contact us.
CompTIA Server+ Virtual Labs and Practice Test
In this showcase you will be able to purchase a selection of official CompTIA Server+ exam preparation material and tools.
To better prepare for the final certification exam, you can purchase the CompTIA Server+ Virtual Labs and the official Practice Test to simulate the real exam experience.
CompTIA Server+ online exam
In this showcase you will be able to purchase CompTIA Server+ exam voucher only to take the online exam through Pearson VUE, in test centers or in online modality.
What is CompTIA Server+?
CompTIA Server+ is a certification recognized worlwide that proves the practical skills of IT professionals installing, managing and troubleshooting servers in data centers, in addition to on-premise and hybrid environments.
Why CompTIA Server+?
There are many reasons to choose CompTIA Server+ certification:
- Jobs for network and computer systems administrators are expected to grow 12 percent from 2012 to 2022, according to the latest information from the BLS website. The average salary for a Server+ certified IT professional is about $82,000.
- 82% of employers consider certified employees as very valuable to their organizations.
- CompTIA Server+ exam includes performance-based assessments to validate a candidate’s practical and technical ability in securely deploying, administering, and troubleshooting servers. This can immediately make candidates stand out to employers.
- CompTIA Server+ syllabus is constantly updated to cover new considerations, such as virtualization, automation, and remote troubleshooting.
- CompTIA Server+ addresses key hardware and software technologies for hybrid and on-premises server environments, including scripting, cloud computing, and high availability.
- CompTIA Server+ is the only server certification that is not limited to a single platform. This makes it ideal for IT professionals working at the administrator level.
What is CompTIA Server+ useful for?
CompTIA Server+ is the only certification that proves that IT professionals at the administrator level are able to work in any environment. This is because it is the only certification not related to a single platform.
The exam covers essential hardware and software technologies of on-premises and hybrid server environments including high availability, cloud computing and scripting. After passing the exam, candidates will have demonstrated their multi-step knowledge to securely deploy, administer and troubleshoot servers.
How can I study for CompTIA Server+ exam?
iLEARN provides a selection of training options and exam material to prepare for CompTIA Server+ exam:
- E-Learning (self-paced): training provided through an online learning management system from anywhere and anytime
- Self-study material: electronic material (eBook - CompTIA Study Guide) to be studied autonomously
- Virtual Labs: virtual laboratory environments designed to address practical and performance-based aspects of th exam preparation
- Practice Tests (mock exam): an adaptable and realistic practice test experience that works well as a follow-up to other training as it really diagnoses the knowledge gaps and then trains in the areas of weakness
What is the latest CompTIA Server+ version?
The latest version of CompTIA Server+ certification available at the moment is CompTIA Server+ SK0-005, released in May 2021.
This CompTIA Server+ exam version demonstrates the practical of IT professionals installing, managing and troubleshooting servers in data centers, in addition to on-premises and hybrid environments.
CompTIA Server+ certification renewal
The CompTIA Server+ certification is valid for life and does not need to be renewed.
Details about CompTIA Server+ course
After taking CompTIA Server+ course and exam, candidates will learn about:
- Installation, management and configuration of server hardware and server operating systems
- Implementation of appropriate server hardening and security controls
- Fixing common server issues found by various organizations
- Key concepts related to disaster recovery, high availability and backup
- Simplified server management through scripting, virtualization and automation
- Ensuring that the server environment meets business needs regardless of factors such as the size and structure of the organization
- Performing on-site and remote server management and troubleshooting tasks
- Familiarity with "cloud computing" related to server maintenance and management
Who it is aimed at
- Systems Administrator
- Data Center Technician
- Server Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Field Service Technician or Engineer
- IT Technician
- Data Center Engineer
- Server Hardware Installation & Management - Install and maintain physical hardware and storage
- Server Administration - Manage and maintain servers, including OS configuration, access control and virtualization
- Security & Disaster Recovery – Apply physical and network data security techniques and Understand disaster recovery and implement backup techniques
- Troubleshooting - Diagnose and resolve system hardware, software, connectivity, storage and security issues
In order to access CompTIA Server+ course and exam, candidates are recommended to have:
- CompTIA A+ certificate or equivalent
- Two years of experience working in a server environment
- Online course duration: 12 months access
Material course language
CompTIA Server+ official certificate
- Exam code: SK0-005
- Performance-based and Multiple-Choice questions
- 90 questions
- Passing score 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Testing provider: Person Vue (Testing Center or Online Testing). For more information about exams with Pearson Vue please visit this page