ISO/IEC 27001 is the international standard for handling online information security. It sets the requirements and the structure of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and, for each organization that attains it, it certifies to all the parts involved (shareholders, sponsors, managers, customers and suppliers) the adoption of an efficient ISMS and the continuous organization's commitment on maintaining it.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation course is the first step to qualify for ISO/IEC 27001 standard on data security.
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation online course details
- 8 lessons
- 7 hours of video
- 15 hours to complete the course
ONE-to-ONE course format and characteristics
- Access 24/7
- Access to the e-learning system, help included, and to all the material (videos, documents) in English
- Videos for all the lessons recorded by accredited teachers
- Coaching for planning learning activities;
- Access to multimedia lessons "like being in class" via our proprietary platform wich combines videos and slides, course material, online quizzes, sample exams and exercises);
- Set your own learning pace (speed);
- Study the material offline;
- Repeat any lessons at any time;
- Skip lessons that are already familiar to you;
- Provides end of unit quizzes to check knowledge;
- Send messages to accredited teachers asking, for example, for more in-depth information and didactic support;
- Mock exams;
- Didactic support dedicated by accredited teachers;
- One-to-one sessions to check learning and for deepening of content with accredited teacher and provided in the native language via web-conference;
- Online official exam 7x24.
Online exam format and characteristics
Typology7 days online course with exam
236,55€ up to 30/04/2020
Access duration of the course7 days
To access the free demo of this course and all the other available demos, click here.
At the end of the course, provided the exam is successful, the examinee will know:
- ISO/IEC 27001 scope, purpose and how the standard can be used;
- ISO/IEC 27001 keywords and its definitions;
- The requirements to attain ISO/IEC 27001 certification and the need for perpetual improvement;
- Procedures, their general objectives and high level requirements;
- Applicability and scope definition requirements;
- Use of controls to mitigate IS risks;
- Internal audits and external certification purposes, their operation and terminology;
- The relationship between best practices, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
Who it is aimed at
- Resources who support the implementation, operation and maintenance of an ISMS within an organization;
- Resources to who is required to audit an ISMS and to have knowledge on the standard;
- Resources who work with an internal ISMS, whether the society already has an ISO/IEC 27001 certification or is considering acquiring one;
- Those who wish to acquire or get ready for an ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner certificate.
- Introduction, background and terminology;
- Key publications that compose the family of ISO/IEC 27001 standard;
- Leadership and support of an Information Security Management System;
- Planning and managing of an Information Security Management System;
- Goals of control and controls for an Information Security Management System;
- Acquiring ISO/IEC 27001 qualification.
To be able to take the exam, it is necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
Material course language
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation official certificate*
*For a paper copy of the certificate, please contact us before booking the exam.