SECO Institute Privacy & Data Protection Foundation distant course with exam in English from 13 October 2022 lasting 2 days provided by iLEARN Innovative Learning
Data protection and data breach notification are no longer a media relations issue or opportunistic PR choice: It is law, with fines amounting up to 4% of the organization’s worldwide turnover. Not complying to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can lead to a financial drain equal to breaking EU Competition Law; a devastating amount for any business. The GDPR affects almost every business that collects or handles the personal data of any European citizen.
Privacy laws & regulations (including GDPR) are increasingly affecting all companies, and Data Protection Authorities are increasingly monitoring their compliance. It is therefore important that your organization deals with this in the right way. In this course, you will receive an overview of the obligations of your organization (and of the rights of those from whom you’re collecting personal data). At the end of the course, you’ll be able to translate the law to your daily life and work.
An S-DPDF certificate demonstrates that you truly understand how to handle personal data in a GDPR-compliant way. In today’s increasingly digitalised and privacy-aware society, this ability is highly valued by employers across every sector, from IT to banking and beyond. Due to the persistent labour market demand for GDPR-expertise, obtaining an S-PDPF title will provide you with tremendous opportunities for career advancement in any profession that involves personal data.
Privacy & Data Protection Foundation Virtual course details:
- Course provided in Virtual (Distant) mode: this method allows the candidate to participate actively interacting with the teacher and with the other students in the course, thanks to the use of an advanced web-conferencing solution that allows the candidate to follow the course videos, presentation slides and speak or use a chat with the teacher and the other students.
- Course schedule: 10am - 5pm CEST
- Course dates: October 13th and 14th 2022
Material included in the Privacy & Data Protection Foundation Virtual course:
- Official SECO-Institute course materials
- Training from passionate instructors with exceptional skills
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
Distant courses are confirmed approximately three weeks before the actual start of the course, reaching the minimum number of participants required. For this reason, please, contact us before making any payments.
TypologyDistant course with exam
Course start date13-10-2022
Course end date14-10-2022
- Understand the GDPR through easy-to-read explanations, real-world examples and fictive scenarios;
- Study with course materials based on guidelines issued by the national data protection authorities and the European Data Protection Board;
- Assess your progress with exercises and practice tests;
- Prepare for your certification assessment with a free sample exam
Who it is aimed at
The SECO Privacy & Data Protection Foundation course is intended for anyone who deals with collecting, editing or managing personal data in their work and / or ensuring its compliance. For example, think of:
- Future data protection officers
- Marketing professionals
- Call center employees
- Administrative departments
- Financial professionals
- Historical and legal context of European privacy and data protection legislation and the GDPR, and define the essential terms and concepts employed
- GDPR’s material and territorial scope, what information and what activities the GDPR applies to and in what situations the GDPR applies within and outside the EU/EEA
- Main provisions of the GDPR and their consequences for individuals and businesses
- General principles that govern the processing of personal data
- Restrictions on the processing of personal data
- Obligations of controllers and processors
- How compliance with the GDPR can be demonstrated to the supervisory authority
- The consequences of non-compliance
- Where to find additional information and resources about specific provisions
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The course is suitable for absolute beginners and those would like to deepen their basic GDPR-knowledge. If you already have a good understanding of the GDPR and you are interested in practicing a Data Protection Officer’s tasks, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
Material course language
S-PDPF official certificate